Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 01:11 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header mufflers?

Anyone run header mufflers on the street? If so what brand? I would think this is the way to go on cars that are not daily driven, if you can quiet the car down enough with them. Any thoughts or advice. Thanks
Old 08-26-2003, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Header mufflers?

Doc,

next time you're out at the track, listen to a car w/ header mullfers. they're not quiet. i'd love to try the flowmaster stuff, as well as the dynomax and other brands but there's just not enough ground clearance to make it practical for the street in my application. good luck if you decide to try it,
Old 08-26-2003, 12:56 PM
9 Second Club

Doc,

next time you're out at the track, listen to a car w/ header mullfers. they're not quiet. i'd love to try the flowmaster stuff, as well as the dynomax and other brands but there's just not enough ground clearance to make it practical for the street in my application. good luck if you decide to try it,
The true dual set-up's with bullets are not much quieter, that everyone seems to like. I am just trying to find a lite high flowing set-up. I have heard plenty of the cars at the track, but it's hard to tell how loud they would be on the street. I guess if it was doable you would hear more guys talking about it on here.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

true, true,

but i still think ground clearance is gonna be the gremlin with this..
Old 08-26-2003, 04:28 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

True Duals From www.not-a-sponsor.com 3" X-Pipe with dynomax bullets on them......Rumble........Loud......MEAN.....

also Cherry-Boms are popular...still loud but not as loud as bullets

**EDITED**
Old 08-26-2003, 08:47 PM
TECH Veteran

being to "loud" would not be the problem...

the problem would be the DRONE!!!!!!!!!!!

true duels that dump before the axle drone bad enough (eccoes inside the car)....I don't want to even think how bad it would be with the open header (or even with the short muffler) dumping basically right under your feet.....

before I did the pipes out the back (under the axle), I drove around to see what it sounded like....really...I drive 5 mins and I felt like I was going to my head hurt so bad.......it was horrible....