Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

california exaust??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default california exaust??????

cant decide which way to go.. H, Y, or X pipe???
muffler shops tell me to go with the Y beause its easy.. i guess theyr scared to make X or H pipes fit..
my original plan was LT's and true dual H with cats.. theyr all trying to talk me out of geting LT"s and just getting shortys.. i know they arent smog legal n all but...

i live near torrance/los angeles area.. anyone know of some well priced non queer custom exaust shops?? and should i really just get a Y and shory's?? suggest?
Old 07-30-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

shorties are a waste of money. hit up strictly performance
Old 07-30-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

they are trying to get you to get shorties so can still past smog I guess shops out here like now way we wont to it if your doing long tubes I found a guy from this site in fresno did everything for me longtubes off road y ls6 intake plugs wires everything for 600 shorties are a waste though real talk but I hope you got the hookup on the smogs if you go with LT's
Old 07-30-2008, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by disavowed10
cant decide which way to go.. H, Y, or X pipe???
muffler shops tell me to go with the Y beause its easy.. i guess theyr scared to make X or H pipes fit..
my original plan was LT's and true dual H with cats.. theyr all trying to talk me out of geting LT"s and just getting shortys.. i know they arent smog legal n all but...

i live near torrance/los angeles area.. anyone know of some well priced non queer custom exaust shops?? and should i really just get a Y and shory's?? suggest?
The shop I am dealing with wants to do true duals with an x pipe, but he also won't mess with the LT. Says that I will end up with a car I can't get smogged, unless I can get a CARB sticker and that might get past the test (might is an important word tho).... but I haven't been able to find one. Heard some guys will find them on older cars in wrecking yards and try to reuse them?
Old 07-30-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

cali gets on my nerves with all the BS I just got all my stuff ripped out becaue I am moving to MO early next year and wont have to deal with all the crap
Old 07-30-2008, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

i found someone in the OC who ive spoken to before and sounds really cool and said that he would do it.. i told him about my setup and he didnt bitch about "oh you wont pass smog i cant do it" super cool down to earth guy good price too.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

the hippies have too much control here!!!! btw i have lt's !cats! true dual H exhaust with LM1's out the back car is loud as hell and i don't get pulled over
Old 07-30-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by King Nothing
the hippies have too much control here!!!! btw i have lt's !cats! true dual H exhaust with LM1's out the back car is loud as hell and i don't get pulled over
Your time will come...
Old 07-30-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the LT's with duals. You'll love it. I have a decent size cam with duals. Its an x-pipe with dynomax bullets dumped. Its pretty loud