Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Broken Their CME Tips??? Help Needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow Anybody Broken Their CME Tips??? Help Needed!!

I have a 2002 35th LE Vert with almost 100K miles. I have the CME tips mated with the GMMG exhaust(sounds and looks awesome; before broken). Recently I added Amercian Racing Headers, Furtal F-13 cam, AFR 205cc heads, and 3.92 gears. A month or 2 later the piece between the tips cracked(I have the old version with no reinforcement). The shop that fixed it added a bar across the top of the tips as reinforcement. Now, a month or so later the tips are cracked again in a different spot even with the reinforcement(while there is virtually no movement, the clanging of the metal resonates loudly through the system and is horrid).

Has anyone had this problem before and if so what did you do? From pictures I notice that the newer versions of the CME tips had a reinforcement bar across the back of the tips as opposed to on the top of the tips like we did. Would that make a difference or is there something else that needs to be done to prevent this from continually happening. The added power from the mods is obviously putting excessive strain on the tips. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any pics???
Old 02-15-2013, 05:33 PM

I am in the same boat. I am working on finding someone local that can weld aluminum and then having them add the support bracket. I had a guy tell me in person he went through the same process
Old 02-15-2013, 05:33 PM

sorry didnt mean to drag this up from the dead. didnt look at the date did a search for broken cme tips

Quick Reply: Anybody Broken Their CME Tips??? Help Needed!!