Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are some symptoms of a bad

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 10:34 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are some symptoms of a bad

knock sensor. I have a data logger such as EFI live Pro and I am seeing knock retard when going to WOT in 3rd and 4th gear while aproaching 100 mph. I have the stock MAF and have reverted back to my stock EGR tube because i had previously did the !EGR mod and I am still getting it. My LTFT's are positive with normal driving and I have reason to belive when i go WOT the car is running lean and causing it to ping. This weekend I will check my injectors to make sure they arent clogged. anyone have anymore suggestions?
Old 08-28-2003, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Default Re: What are some symptoms of a bad

You want your LTFT's to be between -5 and 0. If they are positive at part throttle, you probably do have a lean condition which is causing your KR. When my car was completely stock, I had a lean condition and a lot of pinging and KR. I installed a 160 deg. thermostat, manual fan switch, and used a MAFT to adjust my A/F ratio. These modifications virtually eliminated my KR. What is your engine operating temp. when you get the KR? I've noticed that when my temp. gets in the 200 - 210 range I'll still pick up some KR. As long as I keep it around 180 - 190 I get 0 KR. It doesn't sound like you have a bad knock sensor or clogged fuel injectors. You have a lean condition which is probably being caused by heat and incorrect A/F ratio.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:52 PM
FormerVendor

Default Re: What are some symptoms of a bad

My temps are 170-180 I have a 160 Tstat fans are programed to turn on at this temp to keep the temps down. I will check the injectors jsut to be on the safe side but that is prolly the last thing i can think of before i just spring for some tunning to get it right

Quick Reply: What are some symptoms of a bad