Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switch wired, wires ran, e-cutout on monday!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Switch wired, wires ran, e-cutout on monday!

For anyone who is looking at doing an electronic cutout....

Got a 3" QTP Y and QTP actuator. Ran the wire from the actuator through the drain plug near the I pipe, under the carpet along the passenger side kick panel, up behind the console and into the ash tray compartment. Removed the ash tray and drilled a 1/2" hole in the ash tray cover (as per qtp). wired the swtich to the ign fuse slot in the fuse box for power and spliced the ground of the top cigg lighter. Plugged the switch in, made sure it worked, and then epoxied the ashtray lid in the down position. Works great and looks SWEET! Having the Y welded on Monday and it's just 3 bolts and plug it into the plug hanging out of the drain plug, no muss no fuss! Total project took about 4-5 hrs for some sweet open hookers!!!

Pardon the mess
Old 08-09-2008, 11:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I ran the wire the same way through the drain hole and under the carpet.
However I used a smaller switch from radio shack and mounted it horizontally with the switch pointing towards the front of the car. I taped the cigar/12 volt acc. for power. I also smeared a bunch of silicone on the quick disconnect from the cutout to the wire, and on cutout itself where the wire comes out to waterproof it some.