Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A MarylandSpeed PSA...SLP LMI and LMII mufflers DO NOT just weld on the stock exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A MarylandSpeed PSA...SLP LMI and LMII mufflers DO NOT just weld on the stock exhaust

We sell SLP's LMI resonators & LMII Bullet mufflers on our site for custom applications. A lot of people use them on trucks or even F-bodies with custom setups.

http://marylandspeed.com/slp-loudmou...066-p-293.html

Lately I have had 4-5 people buy one of these and then want to return them when they found out they cannot weld it in on the stock catback. I can understand wanting to save money...but I have trouble understanding how this mistake gets made? I mean the factory muffler is single in, dual out..so a single straight through bullet muffler just will not work.

Just wanted to make this post to help someone else out there before they end up loosing money returning a part they can't use.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Some people are just not meant to have these cars.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just tell em the only way it'll work is if it is put in the I pipe and then they will have to replace the muffler section with pipe.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

I wish stupid people got charged extra for being stupid.