Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has this happened to anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has this happened to anyone else?

So I was driving home last night and when I approached a stop sign, my car started to jerk really bad as I slowed down. I didn't think anything of it, but then it did it again the next time I slowed down. Then, as I accelerated, I noticed what sounded like an exhaust leak. Since it was 1 am when I got home, I parked my SS in the garage and figured I'd look at it today. Well, while driving to work today, the exhaust leak sound was even louder, but the jerking when slowing down was gone. However, something kept hitting my floor board. I got out and looked under my car and found that my my left front O2 sensor was dragging on the ground. It appears that my LT header blew a hole in it, which gave way to the O2 dragging on the ground. I have had Hooker Headers on my 02 SS for 4 years now. I'm getting it welded for free on saturday. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 08-14-2008, 06:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have heard of similar stories from a few other people. Very strange why it would do that all of a sudden.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

It does have 78,000 miles on it and I've put them all on myself, but makes me wonder if it is going to happen to the right side.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:09 AM
TECH Resident

i had a set of hooker long tubes that eventually blew off all 3 egr tubes.