Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to get the cheap stuff out the way

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Looking to get the cheap stuff out the way

Hey, i new to this forum even though i been reading on it since i got my 2ND ls1. im looking to get all the cheap mods out the way on my daily driver (98 A4 z28) could anyone point me in the direction i need to be in. i already got the lid and what not on the intake side, got headers on the way and im still reading all the threads on true duals vs y or x pipe yeah thats starting to get irritating. but anyways if you could point me in the direction i need to be in so i can get that out the way it would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

installuniversity.com
Old 08-25-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bpt071
Hey, i new to this forum even though i been reading on it since i got my 2ND ls1. im looking to get all the cheap mods out the way on my daily driver (98 A4 z28) could anyone point me in the direction i need to be in. i already got the lid and what not on the intake side, got headers on the way and im still reading all the threads on true duals vs y or x pipe yeah thats starting to get irritating. but anyways if you could point me in the direction i need to be in so i can get that out the way it would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.
Hey, if it helps, I just went from the 00 stock system with a flowmaster muffler, to true duals, high flow cats, x pipe, and two glaspak mufflers, and the car sounds 200% better, and the car runs better as well. No idea how much HP we picked up, but I haven't had the car retuned and it without a doubt shifts harder into second. Barks the tires into second now without being on it as hard a before
Old 08-25-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i say do a h pipe or x,with some bullet style mufflers and no cats..you will love the sound of it,and great power too!!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnLs1camaro
i say do a h pipe or x,with some bullet style mufflers and no cats..you will love the sound of it,and great power too!!
what he said
Old 08-26-2008, 12:54 AM
Staging Lane

umm for cheap stuff you could get a ls6 intake for $300-$400, Pulleys, and get cutouts for your exhaust. To get the power to the ground get some subframe connecters, Lower control arms, and a set of street radials
Old 08-26-2008, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ls6 intake, ported polish TB, all the free mods such as tb bypass cut out bottom intake tray for more air. and a cutout