Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 LQ4 Starter Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 LQ4 Starter Bolts

Anybody know what the dimensions (length, diameter, thread pitch) of the stock starter bolts are on a 2001 6.0L LQ4? I guess if anybody knows the GM part #, and/or price for the bolts, I could use that too.

I need some starter bolts and I was just gonna get 'em from a local fastener company, but depending on how much the dealership wants for them, I may go that route.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I need the same thing, and would like the GM PN if possible too.

BlueIroc-z, if anyone PMs you let me know.....I would suggest against just using regular bolts on this tho. Starter bolts are usually a very specific diameter that doesnt allow the started to go on too misaligned. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cutlass_455
I need the same thing, and would like the GM PN if possible too.

BlueIroc-z, if anyone PMs you let me know.....I would suggest against just using regular bolts on this tho. Starter bolts are usually a very specific diameter that doesnt allow the started to go on too misaligned. Just my 2 cents.
For sure. Whenever I find out, I will post it up here. And, thanks for the info regarding the use of regular bolts. I was wondering if there was something special about the starter bolts.

I will try to get to the library sometime soon. They have all the service manuals and interchange books and stuff like that; I should be able to get a number from there. If not, the GM dealer is just a few blocks further...
Old 09-05-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BlueIroc,

Another guy posted a reply to my post in another section on here. He gave me the the PN 11588456. Probly right.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Hmmm, I was searching around and found this. Which seems to indicate the need for two different bolts. I also think I read somewhere about there being one long and one short bolt, but I could be mistaken... Also, don't some ls-series motors have offset starter mount holes...? Maybe that could be the difference neccessitating different bolts...?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlueIroc-z
Hmmm, I was searching around and found this. Which seems to indicate the need for two different bolts. I also think I read somewhere about there being one long and one short bolt, but I could be mistaken... Also, don't some ls-series motors have offset starter mount holes...? Maybe that could be the difference neccessitating different bolts...?

Maybe there is two different bolts for some because the starter has that offset 'flange' (where the holes are). Maybe there is two different types of starters, ones 'straight across' and 'offset'. Good find on your part none the less.

Quick Reply: 2001 LQ4 Starter Bolts