Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP 1 7/8 Long Tube Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 12:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TSP 1 7/8 Long Tube Install

Well guys I just finished up the install yesterday and I am very pleased with the TSP headers. I will be honest though, it was not easy. I had to remove both engine mounts on the driver side and jack up the motor.

Good news is if you can get 2 floor jacks and 4 jack stands you can get the car high enough to perform this task. Oh and I had some help, that is a must on this project because you can really get worn out.

Right now the SS running open headers and omg lol that ************ is loud, I went WOT and my ears started ringing. So the hell with dumping, I think I will get sick of the sound real quick.

So the only question I have is regarding the spark plug wires. On the passenger side there are 2 wires that are really close to the tubes, what should I use to protect the wires? I used the silver OEM tubes that were used on the manifolds, and there is still a part of the wire that is exposed. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it is just the boots use the MSD's that you can bend. What I did.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I messed with the MSD wires where they connect to the coil packs and got them maybe a cm away from the tube, but I am afraid the heat will get them. Is that amount of spacing ok for the wires?
Old 08-28-2008, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i JUST FINISHED MY INSTALL ALSO SAME PROBLEM YOUR HAVING I JUST TURNED THE ANGLE UP ON THE BOOT THATS ON THE COIL. I KEEP HEARING PEOPLE SAYING THEY HAD TO TAKE BOTH MOUNTS OUT. I GUESS I'M LUCKY AND ONLY HAD TO TAKE THE DRIVERS SIDE OUT!

Quick Reply: TSP 1 7/8 Long Tube Install