Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat back question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cat back question

ok guys i have a magnaflow exhaust on my 98 camaro z28 ls1 6 speed car

today i noticed it has a nice size hole in the over the axle pipe and i want to get the system replaced.

i was looking at the MAC cat backs. does anyone have any input on these systems and where can i get some sound clips from. im looking for something a little louder than my magnaflows.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would stay away from a MAC catback. Its basically the same as a flowmaster and will not flow as well as your Magnaflow. In addition it is made of aluminized steel that will rust out quickly if your car sees any snow or salt. I had a flowmaster catback on my mustang (not winter driven) and it showed signs of rust after a couple summers.

For an economical great flowing stainless catback an SLP loudmouth is your best bet. Less than $400 and flows great.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you arnt going to get headers, I would also say go with the Loudmouth.
For sound clips of different exhaust check www.ls1sounds.com
Old 08-29-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How did you get a hole in the over-axle pipe? I had Magnaflow for 4 years on my T/A and never any rust at all. Of course I didn't drive in snow and not that often in rain but still. As for sound it isn't very loud but it flows great for a c/b. Once you go with LT's, ORY, and a decent cam then it will not sound tame at all!