Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing LG Sreet's Soon What Else Do I Need?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing LG Sreet's Soon What Else Do I Need?

Hey guys, let me start off by saying this is my first post on ls1tech, I recently picked up a 99 C5 FRC (existing mods are in my sig) and its time to start modding. I've decided i want to go with the LG Street Series headers and I want to know what I will need to buy/install that isn't included in LG's kit. The kit comes with LG LT's (of course), and LG X pipe w/ cats. I have been told that ill need 02's (4 I think, right?) but im sure theres other hardware that ill need so what does that other hardward consist of? Sorry for the newbish questions im just trying to make sure I get everything right the first time. Also if there is anything else you reccommend but is not needed feel free to mention these items in your post, thanks.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Get some GM gaskets and if you dont want to see rusted bolts get some stage 8 locking bolts or arp's header studs... i love the way mine look. when reinstalling your headers use anti seeze on what ever hardware you decide. as far as o2's there are 4 of them. dont know why you would have to replace. For the f body we just need extions for the plugs. good luck.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you need to get a set of grape fruits and buy the 3" catless exhaust, imho haha!!
Old 09-06-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

To 00T/AWS6 I would rather save $700 and get the 2.5" sreets with legal looking cats and still dust your *** but its all good we'll see who has bigger grapefruits when your staring at my taillights haha! Anyways back on topic, is the only reason to get the arp header studs so you don't have to look at rusted bolts on new headers? If thats the case then I think ill skip the studs. I've heard from some people that I should do spark plugs and wires while the headers are off, anyone agree or disagree with this? Are the TR-55's what I would need if I do go with plugs? Thanks for the replies
Old 09-06-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

That will be the best time to change plugs, put some high temp anti seize on the plug threads too.Tr55's are a great/cheap plug. i would do the wires at the same time. the stud's have helped me hang the header in place by my self and i love the look of the 12pt nuts. to each their own. If i still lived in the pittsburgh area i'd meet ya for a race

Last edited by conan; 09-07-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:59 AM

I installed the LG Streets on my 02 Z06. If LG did not upgrade the clamps then order some Torctite clamps online. You may need a pipe spreader to get the CATS on. As stated use anitseize on the section that mounts to the collectors. Usually a plug wire or two breaks when removing, so definitely get some new wires. The red wires from gmpartshouse.com are my favorite, they will work with the stock heat shields. I used the ARP studs, they make it a little easier if you are doing the job alone since you can just pull the header onto the studs and do not have to worry about holding the header and gasket up while bolting them in. They do make it a little tighter to work with since you have to get them up and over the studs. I initially used the TR55s but wound up swapping to the Delco Iridiums instead. You will get mixed responses on what the gap should be on the TR55s, factory gap is .055, the best gap is .035. The Iridium plugs are pregapped from the factory at .040, and work great.

Also, use the GM F-Body round gaskets instead of the ones in the kit. The stock d-shape gaskets will not fit. You may also want to get new air tube gaskets as well as gaskets where the x-pipe connects to the catback pipes.

I had to remove the starter and valve cover on the passenger side to get the header into place. The drivers side installed easily from the bottom up.

If you plan on installing a wideband sensor, it is a good time to route the wiring under the tunnel plate and through the shifter mechanism.

Also, get some high temp wrap and zip ties for routing your 02 sensor wires, don't let them touch the collectors/pipes.

As for the 02 sensors themselves, you can reuse your sensors, LG ships extensions. You may still get codes so you may have to visit a tuner or buy the software yourself.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the advice falcon, I think i'm all set to go now i'm looking forward to the results. Im not exactly in Pittsburg but if you were somewhere close i'd meet up for a race even though I would get my *** handed to me haha.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE i heard those Chrome C5Z's you got there SlowFRC in your sig, they must add atleast 100 rwhp, maybe even 100 rwtq. Those things must be freaken INSANNNNNEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! I wish i had Chrome C5Z's, best mod ever. Get that pimp factory mod. You should put you have a custom flip up head light too, #2 mod on C5 vette's if u ask me.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Noo dude you got it all wrong the C5Z's only add 20hp, if I got them flat black it would have added 200FWHP and i'd be beating KB terminators. Get your facts right before you talk trash.... loser
Old 09-08-2008, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SlowFRC
Noo dude you got it all wrong the C5Z's only add 20hp, if I got them flat black it would have added 200FWHP and i'd be beating KB terminators. Get your facts right before you talk trash.... loser
Only 20hp from those wheels you must have forgot to put the stickers on your car that why your missing the extra hp.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i kno right conan that is why he's sooo slow. Previous owner had buncha stickers on, he took em off and lost all that extra hp. Sux for him, now he's slow!!
Old 09-09-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea the previous owner had corvette racing stickers and slp stickers (even though nothing on the car was slp ) with those on I could break the rear tires lose in 5th, now that I've taken them off I can't even break them lose if I redline and drop the clutch from a dig
Old 09-09-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

I wasn't giving him **** about his wheels. it doesn't say anything in his sig about being faster because of his wheels. I was giving you **** for writing useless threads that was no help to the original poster. I have zo6 wheels listed in my sig that must make me at least 300hp because there for a zo6.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No i wasn't giving him **** for saying it made him faster i was giving him **** for listing in what normally is a "mod" list with a stock part.... that was why i was giving him ****!!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Stop being a tool 00T/AWS6 nothing in my mod list is a stock part on a 99 FRC. Yes C5Z wheels are stock on a C5Z but I don't have a C5Z hence why I listed the wheels in my mod list. Maybe you should do your research before you start talking trash. I generally think of ls1tech as a very knowledgeable community of people but then I see your post and I shake my head in disgust. You sir are a disgrace to the modding community and should be driving a civic with out vtec, you don't even deserve vtec...
Old 09-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

hey bro i have lg streets on my frc,easy install but like someone else said hopefully you get good clamps but otherwise i'm sure lg will take care of you,i do have some small leaks but now when i take down the exhaust for h/c swap and clutch i'll take care of them,they made a nice difference,let me know if you have questions installing.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I decided I'm going to stop being cheap and go with LG Pros instead of the streets, they were a little more than I wanted to spend but to reach my goal (450rwhp h/c/i with a 224 cam) I think I'm going have to put a little more money than I originally wanted in to the car. Headers and catted X are ordered and on the way, I'm sure you guys will see results in the dyno section.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What else do you need for LG LT headers instal??? A BIG CAM!!!! Might as well while you are putting headers on to put in a nice 240/245 cam haha. Figured no one else has done it and it's a typical response to most what do i need posts so i'd add it!!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow. This is the most immature thread in the section I've ever seen, sorry OP.

I think all you need is O2 extentions, but not 100% for a Vette. Also need gaskets.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

idk if its just for the f body guys or if vettes are included too but poly motor mounts are a common thing done while doing headers

Search this Thread