Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

going through 02 sensors pretty fast idk why??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question going through 02 sensors pretty fast idk why??

since last september ive went through the stock set of 02 sensors as well as another set i bought new (the corvette 13111. now the set i bought new are finished and when plugged up to the obd2 reader both are bad. what 02's are you guys using with your tsp true duals? the car is cam only with all bolt ons and nitrous... but i havent even shot the car yet. it was tuned by alvin anderson with pcmforless so i know its tuned correctly.

Last edited by CaMaRo67RS355; 09-09-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaMaRo67RS355
since last september ive went through the stock set of 02 sensors as well as another set i bought new (the corvette 13111. now the set i bought new are finished and when plugged up to the obd2 reader both are bad. what 02's are you guys using with your tsp true duals? the car is cam only with all bolt ons and nitrous... but i havent even shot the car yet. it was tuned by alvin anderson with pcmforless so i know its tuned correctly.

Are you running any fuel additives?? they have a tendency to ruin the sensors. When I was running them I used the Corvette version...

Found this in the sticky's

2) Other o2 sensor- (bosch 13111vette rear o2s) These have a stronger heating element, and a longer wire harness, they can often solve front o2 insufficient switching errors, due to the higher wattage heater, also they eliminate the need for extensions, as the harness is long enough to reach the stock f body o2 connector
Old 09-09-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was also going through them alot when I had my mail order tune but after I finally got a real tune it must of leaned it down so it wouldn't foul the sensors out. It ran rich before so I think that was the problem on mine