Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAT Resistor

Old 09-11-2008, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default IAT Resistor

I know this point has been argued both ways a million times. but i work at an engineering company and they have gobs of resitors just laying around.. I was going to get the 47k and put it in my IAT sensor, just like the ones they sell on ebay and such.. but is it really worth it.. Its not costing me anything, and is the 47k right. Ive read other posts and they say 47k?!?... soo your comments Please!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What this does is gives the ECM a reading of -32 degrees as the ambient temparature. The ECM will then alter your fueling to your engine, not just at WOT. It will also add more timing. If the ambient temperature is not -32 degrees, you run the risk of detonating and damaging your engine. This is because the true air qaulity that your engine is breathing in is lesser then what the ECM thinks.

DO NOT DO THE IAT RESISTOR MOD!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 01:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 12secSS
What this does is gives the ECM a reading of -32 degrees as the ambient temparature. The ECM will then alter your fueling to your engine, not just at WOT. It will also add more timing. If the ambient temperature is not -32 degrees, you run the risk of detonating and damaging your engine. This is because the true air qaulity that your engine is breathing in is lesser then what the ECM thinks.

DO NOT DO THE IAT RESISTOR MOD!!!

+5

Don't buy into the hype. You will do yourself more harm than good. Leave it alone!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Launching!

I think your at more of a risk of wasting your time and effort than damaging you motor, but non-theless; don't even bother with it. If it were worth doing, everyone would do it!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DONT DO IT!!! often causes detonation. i had that mod on mine when i first got it when i didnt know much about an LS1. it caused me to run rich, foul plugs and o2's, and i had detonation bad so i installed the oem sensor

if u want to adjust timing, get a full computer tune. dont 'try' and adjust anything with the PCM. thats what computer tuning is for
Old 09-11-2008, 07:10 PM
12 Second Club

could also cause idle problems messing with the IAT sensor

learned all these from experience lol
Old 09-11-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

OH man its the best mod ever, adds like 50hp.........NOT.

Such a gimick, dont waste your time, as stated before its fools the computer. Its like telling some girl that you own a Bently and then pick her up in a festiva, then she kicks you in the nuts. Its not in the engine's best interests.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mart00SS
OH man its the best mod ever, adds like 50hp.........NOT.

Such a gimick, dont waste your time, as stated before its fools the computer. Its like telling some girl that you own a Bently and then pick her up in a festiva, then she kicks you in the nuts. Its not in the engine's best interests.
That's good Maybe sig worthy I'll think about it
Old 09-11-2008, 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

ya i did that mod when i first owned my LS1 at 17. im 21 now and know quite a bit on LS1's

i laugh at myself looking back on that stupid mod.

I LOVE THE BENTLEY JOKE
Old 09-12-2008, 07:43 AM
On The Tree

OK yea after that first post yesturday i went out and took it off and tossed it.. just plugged it back in the IAT... So no kicking in the nutz for me Thanks,!

Search this Thread