Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR code P0401

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EGR code P0401

Ever since i replaced my stock exhaust for a Kooks headers with air and egr on my 2000 trans am i have had a egr code P0401 and have replaced my egr and cleaned out the piping to the egr and i just cant get rid of that damnd code. PLEASE help any and all thoughts im ready to do anything to get rid of the code. thanks for the help
Old 09-12-2008, 03:03 AM
Launching!

Well, that code is for insufficient EGR flow detected. If you have replaced the egr and checked the tubing already, maybe checking the gaskets at the connections with the headers would help? Maybe an obstruction within the header connection? Or maybe the header connection just isn't supplying enough exhaust gas to satisfy the EGR. Have you contacted Kooks?
Old 09-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Staging Lane

I already replaced the gaskets thats the first thing i did and i sent an email to kooks about it but never heard back from them. i always tought it could be that the header was maybe defective i was hoping that wasnt the case though.

Quick Reply: EGR code P0401