Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with K&N fipk, come in.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Those with K&N fipk, come in.

Hey I just got a used kit and I got it all installed, and it came time to install my little rubber grommet to put my Air temp sensor in to place and the hole is alot bigger then it needs to be? My stock rubber thing just just basically flops around in there, so I siliconed it for now, hope it holds.. What am I missing here?

Landon
Old 09-16-2008, 11:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LANDONZ
Hey I just got a used kit and I got it all installed, and it came time to install my little rubber grommet to put my Air temp sensor in to place and the hole is alot bigger then it needs to be? My stock rubber thing just just basically flops around in there, so I siliconed it for now, hope it holds.. What am I missing here?

Landon
hey man, i have the FIPK but it was on the car when i got it. i would look at mine and see, but its dark outside. u could buy a grommet to fit at a local auto parts store
Old 09-17-2008, 06:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes, but I was wondering what yours looks like? can you take a pic of it?
Old 09-17-2008, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The K&N kit comes with it's own grommet. I will say this though, the one it comes with doesn't hold the IAT sensor tight enough. There's two rings that engage in the grommet to lock it in place. After torquing the motor up, mine would always slip one of the rings and be holding on the second ring. Meaning that my IAT sensor was pulling part of the way out. Don't know if that makes any sense or not. I'd get one at the parts store and make sure it fits the sensor tight. Good luck!