Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARH headers installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARH headers installed

So I just had the headers installed monday and I already feel a difference. They also sound very good and are not to harsh, if your not on the gas too much you cant even tell you have them. But this morning while driving I noticed my SES light on and I'm preatty sure now i have to get the o2 sensors tuned out. BTW I ordered these headers with cats and all the air fittings so i worder why the light came on. Is just tunning out the rear sensors solve this problem and is this the best way to take care of it?
Old 09-17-2008, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 187fl
So I just had the headers installed monday and I already feel a difference. They also sound very good and are not to harsh, if your not on the gas too much you cant even tell you have them. But this morning while driving I noticed my SES light on and I'm preatty sure now i have to get the o2 sensors tuned out. BTW I ordered these headers with cats and all the air fittings so i worder why the light came on. Is just tunning out the rear sensors solve this problem and is this the best way to take care of it?
You've got to find out what the codes are. If it's the rear O2s that are throwing the code, just turn them off, via tuning software, and either just leave the O2 sensors plugged-in your y-pipe (to fool a visual inspection), or get a couple 18mm x 1.5 oil drain plugs and plug the bungs. But the code could because your LTFTs are now outside the threshold for the computer to adjust, or maybe an EGR or AIR malfunction. I think some auto part stores will scan your car for codes for free, but it's impossible to know what course of action to take without knowing what the codes are. Good luck!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks, Ill check out the codes and see whats going on first before I do anything.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Well I just went to a shop here localy and the guy checked the codes and it was the o2 sensors. We had them deleted along with the air pump and my speed limiter wich was at 118. No more SES light
Old 09-18-2008, 01:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 187fl
Well I just went to a shop here localy and the guy checked the codes and it was the o2 sensors. We had them deleted along with the air pump and my speed limiter wich was at 118. No more SES light
Nice!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:16 AM
TECH Addict

Glad to hear it worked out.