Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Jet-Hot LT's and catY

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Jet-Hot LT's and catY

What an improvement!

The sounds: Not too loud in the car at all cruising speeds. IMO, my SS now has the sounds I like, good deep idle, deep roar when applying gas - reminds me of, do I dare say it; the sounds of the bygone muscle car?! I like it!! I kept the smallest opening plate in my Borla catback.

Performance!! WOW!!
Before the LT headers with the 1st to 2nd shift, my SS squatted and spun the tires.

Now, with the 1st to 2nd shift, my SS squats and fishtails! 2nd to 3rd shift acts like the old 1st to 2nd shift!

Overall, I am quite pleased with the set up. The shop which did the install, Nathaniels Performance Shop, Houston, TX, did a super job. The y-pipe does not hang down too much. Well worth the investment. BTW, I passed the visual inspection test, I told the inspector the cats are internal and that was fine with him.

Old 09-07-2003, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Installed Jet-Hot LT's and catY

sweet! i got my jet hot LT's in the mail last week, now im shopping around for quotes on a custom true dual setup . im gonna install the headers myself with a friend, definitely not looking forward to that
Old 09-07-2003, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Installed Jet-Hot LT's and catY

Did you do the install yourself? If so how high did you have to put the car in the air to get everything in and out ok?