Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What headers??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 11:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What headers??

OK I have SLP LT's right now I am very happy with them but I want tru dual and don;t want the already paid for Y-Pipe parts laying around. So I sold the SLP's and I need to order new headers.

I want to get Kooks 1 3/4" to 1 7/8" step in stainless uncoated. And I have the money. Does anyone have any better ideas. I want proven stuff here and I am going to an all bore in 3 months... 382 iron block...

Thanks for info in advance,
Darrell
Old 09-08-2003, 12:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: What headers??

Yeah, i'm curious about this too, i'm in the same boat, I have Jet-Hot's, and am kind of wonderin how much if any gain I would get from the stepped kooks, and I will be goin 38x all bore aluminum block within a year, so i'm thinkin of these headers too! Would these be better, or the QTP's 1-3/4 (since they don't make the stepped)? Also, would they kill hurt me while I still have the 346, cuz if so, i'll just wait till I get the bigger motor! Thanks in advance for any info!
Old 09-08-2003, 12:43 AM
TECH Regular

The PPC headers are available without the y-pipes & the full 3" collectors will allow you to design your dual system easily.

The 1-3/4" primaries will work well with a mid sized LS1.... as well as the standard 346.

The headers are available with or without the EGR & AIR fittings.

PPC headers are of the highest quality and are one of the easiest to install (no need to remove any additional parts) & provide the best ground clearance.

See the web site for more info:

www.provenperformanceconcepts.com

Gordon

Old 09-08-2003, 03:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why do you want uncoated???
Old 09-08-2003, 05:56 AM
Launching!

kooks recomended if I went stainless to not get coated cause they won't rust and the heating is the same it's 304 stainless.