Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new LPP headers install on a camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new LPP headers install on a camaro

Has anyone with a camaro done an install of the new LPP headers? I'm asking because it seemed that camaros made up the majority of people who had fitment issues with the old setups and so far the only new install info has been from t/a owners. I'm also curious to know if the y pipe hanger they built took away the banging noises. So if you've installed a set of LPP's re-designed system on a camaro please reply with your experience, thanks!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ripper415
Has anyone with a camaro done an install of the new LPP headers? I'm asking because it seemed that camaros made up the majority of people who had fitment issues with the old setups ...
Probably because they made more camaros than they did Firebirds/TA's.

IIRC - The only time the production rate was at a premium for the Firebirds and T/A's over the Camaro was the year or two after Smokey and the Bandit was famous.
I believe the last year (2002) the Camaro outnumbered the Firebird something like 3 to 1.

For instance: In 2002 they made like 3111 models of the Red 35 Anniversary SS while they only made 2390 of the Collector Edition CETA T/A's.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

well that was a great history lesson....but i honestly do remember that like half the people who bought these old headers said they "slid in like butter" while the other half had problems with the drivers side collector being angled up too much. it also seemed that the gross majority of the ta's had no fitment issues while the camaros did. so back to my original question....have any camaro owners installed the new system and if so how did it go?