Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header problem need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header problem need help!!!

So i recently bought a set of flowtech headers... after i get the passanger side header installed i start putting everything back together when i notice the drivers side header is hitting my K memeber... not that big of a deal so i notch the k member out a little.. then i come to a HUGE problem... there is AT MOST a inch of room between the o2 bung and the frame... u cant even come close to putting the o2 in... what the hell should i do... i really dont want to take it back out and go through all the bullshit of putting it in again... any suggestions would be great thanks guys
Old 09-25-2008, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you could plug that bung and install a new one further down or on the other side....may work, but ideally you want the O2 to be as close to the primaries as possible
Old 09-25-2008, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

i was thinking about doing that.... but another problem i found is when the motor is reved the header hits the floor.... talked to flowtech and they told me they had some problems with a few sets of headers.... told me to pretty much send them back where i bought them and get them exchanged..
Old 09-25-2008, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

but damn on the X-ray in your Avatar!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 05:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SS1875
but damn on the X-ray in your Avatar!!!
lmao that is my leg to no joke either.... y i bought a ls1 and stopped racing motocross well i didnt stop i just dont race as much anymore
Old 09-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Banned

Wow...that is one scary leg!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Banned

I feel your pain man, I just put some used jet hots on and I had to notch my kmember, no problems with the 02 bungs, but I would do what someone has already suggested, plug them and install another bung.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
I feel your pain man, I just put some used jet hots on and I had to notch my kmember, no problems with the 02 bungs, but I would do what someone has already suggested, plug them and install another bung.
i agree with that. im going to but im waiting for my Y pipe to arivve to make sure everything lines up b4 i go putting a new hole in the header... otherwise if i do that and it doesnt line up flowtech probably wont help me out if it is from them setting up the jig wrong when it was made
Old 09-27-2008, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
Wow...that is one scary leg!
ya its scary but chicks dig scar's
Old 09-27-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Regular

i had the same issue with my flowtechs back in the day.. I just ended up deleting my 02 sensors in the tune.. Your car will run fine without them for a few days until you can get it tuned... But yea there was no room in there..
Old 09-27-2008, 04:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vndcatr
i had the same issue with my flowtechs back in the day.. I just ended up deleting my 02 sensors in the tune.. Your car will run fine without them for a few days until you can get it tuned... But yea there was no room in there..
Ummmmm, you need the upstream O2s.
If you are impatient, you could take the header to a shop that has a real nice mandrel bender and get them to bend it into shape. However, if Flowtech told you to send em back, that's gonna be your best option. You just have to be a little more patient with the second option, good luck.....