Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Heater hose , Y pipe question!..

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Heater hose , Y pipe question!..

So My catted Y fits so good , it rubs on the underside, well no SITS against the underside of the car. Now i already ordered me a 3" exhaust hanger for the Y pipe thanks to WS6STORE. However it will be about 1 week they said until it arrives at my doorstep.

Now I can use some rubber heater hose to fix this issue until the hanger comes right ?.. I bought some goodyear heater hose.. It wont catch on fire will it ?

Its on the drivers side about 6-7" away from where the Y meets the collector .. thanks guys
Old 09-27-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Some have had luck with it but it didn't really work for me. I tried a thick piece of rubber to keep mine from banging. It vibrated pretty bad inside the car and still banged when I got on it hard and was giving me knock retard. Your going to need at least a little clearance or no matter what you do it's going to be problematic. I finally installed poly motor mounts and it seems to have helped it but not sure yet if it completely solved the problem. I have maybe 1/2" of clearance on mine on the driver's side under the seat.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

Yea ..i fixed the problem so far , but once the cam goes in , i need this fixed ..
Old 09-27-2008, 06:50 PM
TECH Regular

i just took one of the gay "U" shaped clamps they sent and welded on a small "L" shaped piece on top of it and fastened it on the pipe that was banging. After that i rotated it so the "L" shape is pushing the pipe down from the floor board (a crowbar helps), I then put a piece of thick rubber hose (I think it was part of my EGR crap) over the "L" bracket so that its between it and the floorboard. I finished by fastening the "U" clamp all the way down.

a rough picture..
Old 09-27-2008, 11:28 PM
TECH Regular

Very nicely done ! ...
Old 09-29-2008, 10:26 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks man, it fixed my problem with it banging