Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is It worth putting hacked up CME back together

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is It worth putting hacked up CME back together

Ok i dont post much at all since i have never had a problem with anything with my Camaro. I bought a "complete" CME system and a new rear bumper and CME valance off of eBay. In the auction it showed the exhaust comeplete. from the y-pipe back. Well the exhaust section came in today and i say 'section' because its only the muffler to the tips. The HUGH problem is that this dam Section of the exhaust is HACKED to hell. They cut the pipes from the muffler down to where its almost flush. It cracked inbetween the CME tips, like the tips are seperate now, and the pipe that comes from the y-pipe to the muffler didnt even come with it. So my question is, do you guys think that its worst me trying to get a good exhaust shop/performance shop to put this frankinstein CME back together? Where is a trusty shop i can take her to near Pasadena or Lo Angeles county?

Im not happy at all with this, I mean i paid a good chuck of change for what looked to be a good system. Not to mention that there is what looks like corrosion. They said that it was like that due to the hurricane.

Thanks guys
Old 09-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you got hosed...

If you do opt to put it back together, at least as far as the tips go, you need to make 100% certain that the tips are welded back together in a jig so that they are perfectly straight. I've seen more than a few pics where you can tell someone did a half *** job putting them back together...that is also why SLP added extra bracing in their final offering of those tips.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks... ill just make the best out of this and keep the CME tips and do true duals to the CME tips. At least i have the CME bumper considering that comes in fine and not all hakced up. Yeah i have to make sure to have whoever is going to weld this son of a gun put it back 100% straight.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take lots of pictures to them of how they are supposed to look...that's would be the biggest help. A quick search in the appearance section should net you a lot of pictures to go from...