Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new noise from under teh hood. chirping

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new noise from under teh hood. chirping

ive got a new noise i cant pin down. its a chirping noise i think that is coming from the passenger side of the motor. it occurse usually when the motor is revving down and when i let off for a shift. im thinking its some kind of vac leak but i cant find it and the car is still ideling running fine. i had to take it on a long trip this week with the noise and milage/performance hasnt been affected. i just had the TB/maf off and did some polishing on the outside. anyone have ideas on where it could be coming from?
i am at work in northern new mexico and would like to get it fixed possibly before i head back to houston
Old 09-30-2008, 11:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mukyluk
ive got a new noise i cant pin down. its a chirping noise i think that is coming from the passenger side of the motor. it occurse usually when the motor is revving down and when i let off for a shift. im thinking its some kind of vac leak but i cant find it and the car is still ideling running fine. i had to take it on a long trip this week with the noise and milage/performance hasnt been affected. i just had the TB/maf off and did some polishing on the outside. anyone have ideas on where it could be coming from?
i am at work in northern new mexico and would like to get it fixed possibly before i head back to houston

Sounds like a belt tensioner or pulley starting to go bad.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll be fine traveling but if that noise bothers you that much just buy a new tensioner/pulley/belt
Old 09-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Time to replace the tensioner and belt if ya ask me