Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car fixed it self ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default car fixed it self ?

some thing bad happend dont know what
well a few months back I put a set of arh headers on my car with catted Y. Then i had it tuned. after that it ran awesome for a bit 332 rwhp and 348 rwtq in relay bad conditions. then one day it started to bog a little pit under load more so under 4000 rpms. So I checked the fuel pressure and it was rock solid and steady. The stumble got worse and worse till it was doing it relay bad to the point if i took off hard and kept my foot in it it would die. The night it did that when I went to leave it would barely run and i had to work real hard to even get it to pull out on the street. I drove it home and parked it took it real easy on the way home. Few days later i got in drove it a bit and the bog was no where near as bad. So I kept driving it and it eventually totally went away at this time i changed the fuel filter and checked the fuel pressure.

what the hell happened to my car I hope I didnt hurt any thing

when it first started to happen i dumped 2 bottles of water remover in the tank and i run the thing down to e all the time 13-14 galons fills it. also it happened over 3-4 tanks.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

well you said it yourself. You changed the fuel filter. That was prolly the cause of your problems.

1 word of advice, never run your car to EMPTY!!!! Always fill up once you hit 1/4 tank. By doing that you will not only suck all the sedement from the bottom of your fuel tank, but your fuel pump will thank you too. You see your fuel pump is submerged in the tank with gas. When the fuel pumps is workign it gets hot (not to the point of exploding) and when you run your tank to E all the time you make your fuel pump work EXTRA hard. Filling it up on 184 tank will prolong its life......
Old 09-30-2008, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

when I did the filter I did a cut on it and it looked good on the inside but this was also after it had cleared back up. I hope it was just the car being pissed off for some reason.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

prolly passed a kidney stone...
Old 09-30-2008, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

well when it was at its worst i thought I burnt a valve and that made me **** a brick.