Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW WS6 Owner... Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW WS6 Owner... Questions

Hello All,

Sold my HEMI Ram and got me a 99 Trans Am WS6. I have couple questions.

1.) I believe I only have one cat under the car... It is making horrific sounds. I have checked hangers etc, and I don't believe it is them. I banged on the cat with my fist and could hear it rattle. The cat is located on the passenger side about 1 foot from the front right tire. I haven't looked at the cat very well as it is dark outside, is the cat unboltable or is welded? I'm gonna hollow it out and run it that way for about 2 weeks, before I can get off to get it replaced. It is also throwing the SES light, which I'm assuming has something to do with the cat... We'll see...

2.) There is another light on the dash on, it's in the upper left hand side and it looks like a radiator with a cap on it and an arrow pointing down at some water... Common sense tells me this is low coolant... My dad said the coolant looked fine, I still need to check it tho... Is that what this light is?

3.) Do WS6's come stock with headers? As this car has headers and a FARTMASTER muffler...

4.) Has the car been lowered? (judge from pics)

Thanks a ton guys!

Jason

Old 10-03-2008, 12:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone may have installed one some headers and only put one cat. I believe 99s had 2 cats. They come with basic exhaust manifolds.

The Low Coolant Light is infamous for getting dirty or clogged, unplug it and clean it, if it doesnt work just replace it.

And it looks SLIGHTLY lowered to me.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2000 WS.6 I just got a few weeks ago, yours looks like it is lowered compared to mine. As for the headers question, the WS.6 does not come stock with headers, should just be the plain ol' rusty lookin headers if its stock.