Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? for QTEC Users

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? for QTEC Users

I am going to install my QTEC tomorrow and I was wanting some quick advice. Where has everyone found to be the best place to run the wires through the floor and mount the switch? Any other tips are welcome. TIA

mike
Old 09-10-2003, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: ? for QTEC Users

i ground the black wire to the sig lighter,and mounted the switch next to my tract-controll button.i droped the wire down the trans under the car used things allready under the car to ziptie it to.the cutout is at the end of my y-pipe before the rearend,no problems at all. hope this helps some.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well depends on where you mount it... for me (borla) ... I go up through the hole in the right fender well (grommit) ... then under the carpet to the center console (easy) then I ground to a ground block in my glove , and get power from a power block in my glove box if you haven't put such blocks in your car... get ground off of the metal bar under the steering wheel ( like 4 bolts to remove that piece), and get positive from the ignition wire (BIG pink wire) under the steering wheel...

Though I don't use the stock switch or wiring or plate :p

http://www.horist.com/images/SwitchP...anelSmall1.jpg

Old 09-11-2003, 03:24 AM
TECH Junkie

I installed mine in the I pipe right before the bend starts to go over the axle. If you look right around this area you can see a small rubber plug about the size of a silver dollar. If you pull this out you can cut a hole in the center of it and run the qtec wiring up through it. Inside the car this rubber plug is right below you passenger side rear seat. Take off the bottom peice of the rear passenger seat and you can pull the qtec wiring up through it and then route it under the carpet to the cigarette lighter area. You will also have to pull the center console and figure exactly where you want the switch. Mine was in the ashtry and I had it grounded on one of the air bag module bolts (black box by E brake). I then ran my hotwire to the fuse box and put it all back together. Worked good like this. You can install it and let the wire dangle in the back by your ipipe if you want so the muffler shop can see exactly how it needs to be installed when the are welding it on.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran Dual cut outs right behind the headers. Both wires go up through the trans tunnel, switch is in the ash tray. The extra wire is wrapped up andunder the consel.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:13 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

I ran my wireing from the switch witch was on the left side of the pannel under the stearing wheel, behinde the radio over the transmission hump,under the carpet near the dash on the passanger side,removed the plastic pannel that runs along the door on the passanger side and ran it under that(be sure not to run the screws through the wire when replacing the pannel) Remove the passanger side rear seat(the bottom part) with 1 bolt witch is located under the seat and pull the carpet back so you can run the wire to the rubber drain plug in the floor board of the rear passanger side seat. Cut a X in the drain plug and run the wire through drain plug to the cut out. If your doing the cut out for the Borla exhaust I`d run it through the drain plug right under the passanger side rear seat. The other wires I did to the sig lighter and the traction controll just like the guy stated above. If you don`t have traction controll you still have the wireing for it.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:59 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the help guys. This is why I read this site many times a day including most of the time I'm at work.