Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP LMs vs Borla

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP LMs vs Borla

looking to switch my stock exhaust for either Borla or SLP Loud Mouths which one these do u guys recommend and which will sound louder but at the same time give me good numbers (HP) and is it tru about SLP Loud Mouths and there back pressure i had a buddy and he had a Z28 with some Borlas and when he took off the passenger side pipe to flow free when he lets off the gas at full trottle he would get these nasty pops my question is do SLPs have it worse than the Borlas and if so how do u guys recommend to fix that also if goin with SLP i noticed u guys say that they sound pretty bad when adding LTs and ORY which ORY and LTs you recommend to run with SLP or Borla
and if none of these then what good exhaust LTs and ORY you recommend for excellent mean sound and good HP AND TRQ numbers appreciate it guys
Old 09-11-2003, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: SLP LMs vs Borla

I gained 33rwhp 24rwtq going from a stock catback to LM and a LID. I think the LM is the best flowing catback out there. I liked the sound of the LM with the stock headers. It sounded good, but when i added the LT's with ORY it became loud, but i still lived with it. Now after adding the cam i couldnt drive the car with the same setup. So I swapped back the cats to lower it a little bit and it sounds good now. If u want to run ur car with ORY and ur car has LT's and cam i dont suggest going with the LM. Im selling mine now and looking for a quite catback so i can run the car without the cats.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

If cost is an issue just go with the LM from SLP. Installation was easy and the only issue was my 4" slash tip rubbing my ground effect, but that was an easy fix. Since putting the LM on I have bought Hooker headers W/O cats and I must say damn, I learned the meaning of RASP for christ sakes. But at WOT it sounds mean as hell and everyone who has heard it agrees it sounds MEAN. With LT's and LM I definitely hear those pops you are referring to. If I were you I would go with the LM from SLP. One they cost a lot less. Two you can still add a bullet insert or the CC inserts and quiet them down.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

I started out with the LM and loved it nice power gains and sounded awesome too.Now that I have heads/cam/headers and off road Y I switched to Borla because it always you to be quiet or loud.I say that if your going with cam/LT's and off road get a quieter setup-The LM gets raspy when you have LT's and off road Y-I personally like it doesnt bother me at all but if you want no rasp with LT's and off road pipe then go another direction.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:40 PM
Teching In

lm is way cheaper and louder, but borla is NICE. if you have the pocket book i would say go with borla, it isn't loud all of the time. and lm can get annoying, especially if you want to be quite for some reason
Old 09-12-2003, 09:23 AM
Teching In

aprriciate it guys ill take that in concideration since yeah in the long run i do want to add some Hookers LTs and off road pipe
Old 06-17-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Regular

How do i make a thread?
Old 06-17-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SLP LM for two reason.

1. LM is a lot cheaper.
2. SLP tips (either single slat cut or dual dual) lot 10x better then borla tips.

/end of thread

You'd think for the money that corsa and borla would design some better tips/better looking tips. R&D from those companies sucks.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Borla and never look back. Borla has the sexiest tips out there, and its fully stainless steel and adjustable. if it gets to loud, put a smaller plate on it. the lm cant do that and if you ever add heads/cam/lt's youre gonna hate it
Old 06-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

I have LT and LM , I love it . Guys are constantly asking me what exhaust I have or what motor is in "that thing " .
When you get on it , it's like your at the drags !
I have heard that the LM's don't give enough back pressure though , that you could make more power with some back pressure . Anyone got a reply to that ?
Cause I don't know about that one .
Old 06-18-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Whiteknight01
How do i make a thread?
go to the proper section and click new thread make sure its something that isnt already addressed read the stickys
Old 06-18-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by "Grabby" 2000Z28
I have heard that the LM's don't give enough back pressure though , that you could make more power with some back pressure . Anyone got a reply to that ?
Cause I don't know about that one .
LS1's dont need any back pressure period
Old 06-18-2007, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tainted
Borla and never look back. Borla has the sexiest tips out there, and its fully stainless steel and adjustable. if it gets to loud, put a smaller plate on it. the lm cant do that and if you ever add heads/cam/lt's youre gonna hate it
Umm yeah with the LM you an swap out the resonator/muffler for any other kind of bullet/muffler.

Thats R&D right there custom cound.

Borla and Corsa tips don't tuck right. I've never seen a pair that tucks well. They've always hung at an angle.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:47 AM
Launching!

i kinda like my corsa tips. Its the reason i bought corsa. u just gotta know how to hang em thats all