Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confused on what LT's to order Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused on what LT's to order Need Help

I was going to get the basic Pacesetters with the ORY, but i figured i am keeping my car for a while so i might as well do it right and spend the extra money, but there are so many options that it has me confused on what to get.
I want a pair of LT's with a Catted Y pipe so i dont have to worry about emissions, but i do not have a clue on what is best for the price. I saw SLP's whole setup but i would like to spend less then that, unless that is my last option but theres never just one way to do it.
What is the best and not so expensive way to get LT's and catted Y, Should i even bother with chrome headers?? Or only stick with Stainless or ceramic, but for the price Ceramic is best right?? Also who has the best high flow cats and Ypipe package, i saw Texas Speeds but how good are those cats. Would texas speeds Pacesetter/catted Y be the best best? and also how does it sound with the high flow cats on there does it really quite it down alot, or just get rid of the rasp. If anyone can clear the air for me it would be great, I also want to do the AIR/EGR delete on my 00 ws6 i could use any help at this point i do not want to order the wrong part

What do you guys think about this setup, or should i go hookers with the texas speed y pipe or should i just get a y pipe merge and slp cats and have a shop weld them up??
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=181&catid=45

Last edited by Frostbitten09; 10-08-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would look at ARH LTs and catted Y. All stainless, and many people on here will back up that system. You could go with ceramic coated pacesetters and have a custom catted Y fabed up, but from what I have seen, even the coated headers will rust.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

well i want to stick with ceramics because they are Cheaper, unless i found a rediculous deal for stainless ones, but should i stay away from chrome
Old 10-08-2008, 03:06 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hooker makes a great product
Old 10-08-2008, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Frostbitten09
well i want to stick with ceramics because they are Cheaper, unless i found a rediculous deal for stainless ones, but should i stay away from chrome

LPP has stainless steal headers/ory for 600 shipped right now. They don't come with a catted Y but screw it, you don't need cats anyways .... unless your from a state with the sniffer then do something else of course
Old 10-08-2008, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by extinctls1
LPP has stainless steal headers/ory for 600 shipped right now. They don't come with a catted Y but screw it, you don't need cats anyways .... unless your from a state with the sniffer then do something else of course
I dont want cats, but i figured it will save me so much hassle in the future, so why not do it once I was thinkin about just getting the pacesetter package with the ory from texas speed for i belive 480$ I just think cats will save me so much trouble, plus i belive they only do a visual to see if cats are there that may be a problem.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:28 PM
11 Second Club

i just ordered the qtp LTs and they seem to have great quality

basically the same design and quality as ARH/kooks just slightly cheaper, just somethin to consider
Old 10-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

Got to recommend the ARH and Y, great product, great fit, why not? Save a little longer and go for it. You won't be sorry. I mean you said you are gonna keep it.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

Have the ARH and they are great so easy to install and great quality. In my mind they are the best you can buy
Old 10-08-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hooker makes a decent SS header in the $550 range and a Hooker, TSP or PS catted Y will fit IIRC. May be the best way to get a non Ebay stainless with questionable fitment.