Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calm Before the Storm??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 09:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calm Before the Storm??

alright, well as many of you guys know i had a oil consumption problem as well as some lower compression not to long ago. Well much to my amazement and disbelief the car has 100% stopped eating oil and has completely stopped leaving a cloud of doom behind it. plugs are clearing up nicely and look much much better than they looked when it was eating oil.

the only changes i can think of is i ran 2 cans of seafoam through the tank about 5 tanks of gas ago, and i stopped using german castrol. Im now using penzoil platinum full synthetic (good oil and much cheaper to replace when it was burning it)

so my question is this.... WTF is going on? do things ever "fix" themselves? im thinking something has got to be up. Any chance a valve seal was having issues and "fixed" itself?
Old 10-21-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If it had sat for a while I may think that some of the rings had stuck; but if you've been driving it the whole time, I don't know. Maybe still possible it was the rings?
Old 10-21-2008, 11:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LostCauseZ06
alright, well as many of you guys know i had a oil consumption problem as well as some lower compression not to long ago. Well much to my amazement and disbelief the car has 100% stopped eating oil and has completely stopped leaving a cloud of doom behind it. plugs are clearing up nicely and look much much better than they looked when it was eating oil.

the only changes i can think of is i ran 2 cans of seafoam through the tank about 5 tanks of gas ago, and i stopped using german castrol. Im now using penzoil platinum full synthetic (good oil and much cheaper to replace when it was burning it)

so my question is this.... WTF is going on? do things ever "fix" themselves? im thinking something has got to be up. Any chance a valve seal was having issues and "fixed" itself?
theres a reason why GM recommends mobil
Old 10-21-2008, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

yeah, I would look at the seals too, sounds like something they could do. Unless rings were not seating and finally with the oil change they decided to do it.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear the problems solved themselves
Old 10-21-2008, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

Hrmm... i guess i just wont worry about it then lol. Maybe ill throw it on the dyno and see what it does.