Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TFS 225cc on LS1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TFS 225cc on LS1 ?

While the stock engine is still running strong I am doing a cam change to gain some quick power over bolt on's .

Thinking of ordering some aftermarket heads while I am at it but I plan to go with a 402 / 416 stroker next year .

I know the TFS 215cc would be the optimal choice considering the current engines cylinder diameter but with the new engine I would prefer the 225cc to take advantage of the new larger bore .

I am using a LG Motorsports G5X3 cam on a 112lsa for the 346 build , I don't plan on milling the head's any at this time until the new engine is designed etc . I was going to use the Cometic .040'' -.045'' headgaskets to gain some compression and have the better quench for now , believe the 225's have a 65cc out of the box . Some quick math and I get a 10.8:1 scr / 8.3:1 dcr with 4.030''/ .040'' HG's .

Will I be okay using their 4.030'' bore gaskets with the TFS 225cc on my LS1 ?

Another question , what's the best head fastner for the Cometics , read of alot of people having sealing issues . Since it is a N/A build I wouldnt mind saving a few bucks and using stock torque to yeild Gm headbolts . Will go with ARP headstuds if they will be the better choice though .

Trying to design/build an out of the box upgrade to my current stock 346ci and trying to think longterm here so any help is appreciated .
Old 10-24-2008, 12:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not to come accross as being a dick, but i really think you should ask these questions to your choosen shop rather then a board. LS1tech is a good place to start for a basic learner on simple things but questions like this is better answered by someone who does it on a regular basis and is reputable (though this is hard to find at times.)

Since you are using a lg cam, i would say give them a call, tell them your budget, and have them tell you how to set up your car. You will be much happier about this in the end. you will get many "this is the best head" suggestions on this site and to be honest 90% of them will come from people that have no more experience then you, but have just "read" what they are telling you, which will come accross online as a reputable suggestion.

Sorry for the rant but i feel bad sometimes when i read just flat out misinformation to those that are seaking a correct answere. Just saying since you have already taken a choice on a cam from a certian vender you should stick with them and take their word for the rest of your choices. LG i feel confident will steer you in the right direction, much better then suggestions you will get here.

Justin