Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

time for cam swap?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 10:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default time for cam swap?

my current cam is a lunati grind 234/236 .050 .544/.545 @ 112lsa i will have WOT dyno numbers and graph tuesday night ..maby wednesday morning...of next week..however saturday i got walked by a black ws6 w/ out any mods other than new clutch pkg, full exhaust 3:90 gears and a baby cam...WTF my engine is a forged 346 all mahle goodies w/ ported 241 heads, * comp/crane * lifters, pushrods, Patriot .650 springs,ported ls6 oil pump, new timing chain, full exhaust *lt's loudmouth etc.* stage 2 tranny from Tick Performance, ram VDS Clutch pk, moser 12 bolt 3:73 gears...

now the entire drive train was new and was broken in before this took place...the car was only on a laptop tune for initial break in..however..i want to make 425+ to the wheels w/ out the juice..*check sig* i was thinking of the following cams and where can i get more info on them ie: dyno graphs, proven track times etc...

G5X3
T Rex VR 4
Pollutter
Futural F14

the pistons i have already have valve reliefs cut into them so not a worry there and my valve springs are the patriot dual gold .650 's so i am not worried about that either..

i am looking for the *kick in the chest pull* from 2500ish to 6800 rpms..i only run mobil 1 synthetic..w/ a purolater filter please any feedback would be really really appreciated..if you need to know more about my car just ask..she is not my daily driver but has been on nice days..again..thanks in advance.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should have walked that guy with out much trouble.

while the lift on your cam is obviously low, with that much duration you should have been able to pull harder than you did against that car.

unless he lied to you...