Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compression Calculator

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compression Calculator

I alway's am interested in what combinations will create what compression ratio's and what I need to get a certain compression yadayada so I made a compression calculator in MS Excel to do just that. It takes engine parameters and calculates a number of vital engine parameters to help make head, head gasket, piston, rod, crank selections much easier when building your custom engine. This not only works on LSx motors. I've tried this on all my 4cyl Honda engines as well and it is dead on accurate so download it and give it a try. I'm hoping that it will help out alot of people to build motors and select the right parts. Shops can use this as well to set up motors instead of going through a page of math to select engine components.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Old 01-30-2011, 10:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is an updated version of my calculator from above. It now has Dynamic Compression calculation as well. Just input your info/spec's in the yellow shaded cell's and it will spit out the numbers. Lot's of time spent on calculating volumes so it's pretty close to exact. Even takes into account the larger bore of the head gasket that most motors have.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Old 01-30-2011, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks