Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1/ls6

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1/ls6

Is there a thread that states the differences between the ls1 and ls6. I know the ls6 had some cavities changed in the block w a few other additional changes which increased the power output. I'm looking to swap one of these into my 300zx. I have read of people putting the ls1 in quite a few times but never the ls6, was wondering why?

Is one more efficient, stronger, better than the other?

I do plan on turbocharging the motor, so after all the necessary upgrades and whatnot would it be beneficial to go w/the LS6?

Last edited by live4soccer7; 11-21-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by live4soccer7
Is there a thread that states the differences between the ls1 and ls6. I know the ls6 had some cavities changed in the block w a few other additional changes which increased the power output. I'm looking to swap one of these into my 300zx. I have read of people putting the ls1 in quite a few times but never the ls6, was wondering why?

Is one more efficient, stronger, better than the other?

I do plan on turbocharging the motor, so after all the necessary upgrades and whatnot would it be beneficial to go w/the LS6?
The LS6 had a bigger cam and stronger pistons.The enlarged web windows helped the motor to breath better.The extra strength of the LS6 over the LS1 is marginal.You hear of more LS1 swaps as the LS1 used motor is cheaper.If you can get a LS6 for say $300 more then a LS1 then I would do it.Anymore money and get the LS1 and buy at least forged pistons if you can't afford rods to.
Good luck.