Sponsored by:

Very stupid PCV questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 01:49 PM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Very stupid PCV questions

Hey all,

I've got the usual PCV issues, and I'm looking to delete it with the Moroso catchcan with the breather on top. I have a couple really stupid questions about all this...

1) Is the actual PCV valve the thing with what looks like a grounding wire right next to where the line from the driver's side valve cover plugs into the intake manifold?
2) If so, can the PCV valve be pulled off that plastic line? I tried tugging on mine, and it's on there pretty tight. I didn't want to put too much effort into it before verifying that's the PCV valve and that it's supposed to come off.
3) What size is the plastic line going from the valve cover to the PCV valve? I ask because I'll need to get an adapter to go into the -12AN fitting on the Moroso catchcan.
4) Has anyone used this thing? Do you have pics of how you mounted it?
Old 11-25-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Believe it's standard 3/8" vacuum line. Yes, the part you describe sounds like the PCV valve. It should have a small hose coming from the front of the passenger valve cover going to it and another hose coming out the other side going into the side of the intake manifold just behind the throttle body. At the end of that grounding wire is simply a bracket that holds the valve. If you yank too hard, it'll bend. But, you should be able to bend it back.