Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think my car is mad at me (help!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I think my car is mad at me (help!)

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in or not, but i have a slight problem and need a diagnosis. I have a 98' Z28 with full bolt-ons, and ms3 cam, and a yank ss 3600 stall. Anyway, I was driving to school yesterday down a backroad and was slowing down at a stop sign (probably 30 mph) when i heard a noticably loud clunk (it almost sounded like i hit something but there wasn't anything in the road) and my car shut off out of nowhere. I tried restarting the car but there was nothing (it makes noise like it's going to start for about 1 second but never makes it further than that and then doesn nothing.) So then I got out and cut the accessory drive belt off hoping that maybe the water pump or something had locked up... and it didn't change anything. My motor is a stock rebuild with about 12,000 miles on it, and my transmission is questionable b/c i don't know the history on the car before i owned it. There's no coolant/oil leaking anywhere... the engine has always had enough oild and it has been changed regularly (it also has a ported ls6 pump) It didn't really sound like a rod or anything... it was just wierd. I tried starting it in neutral too and still nothing. I haven't had a chance to make it out to try to turn the car over by hand or check the oil yet so that's next on the list. It was just the most random thing as the car was running just fine with no signs of problems and then for it to happen with SLOWING DOWN of all things lol. I just figured I would give this a shot in case someone else has had a similar issue Any help would be GREATLY appreciated