Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

427 Build up from LS1 to LSX baby!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 427 Build up from LS1 to LSX baby!!!

ok so I read the stick but with some of the things I am using and the size of the motor I am not sure where to put this. I plan on trying to put a 6L80 into my '99 T/A and I was wondering if I should change my ECM/PCM. Also many questions as I am doing a 427 build up using a LSX block with a few LS7 parts. I am a complete noob with this and I figure I should put this here seeing as though you guys are the big boys of the LS motors. I want to be N/A with the big bore and try a power adder with the motor I am about to pull. But where can i find the right head gaskets all the numbers with them confuse the hell out of me and I don't know what's the difference from one to the other. With the N/A setup I know I need a high compression so I was wondering how to make that a possibility without having to strictly run race fuel. I know that there are plenty of threads on some of this stuff but with finals and school my play time on the internet is short and I want to get as much correct info as I can before I start buying he!!a sh*t. I have my block getting prepped by SDPC and currently looking for the right internals to get into the 700rwhp range. This is what I have been thinking about as for parts, and let me know if I am missing anything that I can't take off my LS1 and put onto the LSX motor build up. Thanks guys.

-???? Cam not sure of what is a good N/A app for a big bore
-LSX 427
-Callies Comstar Connecting Rods, H-Beam, 6.125 in. Length, 0.927
in. Pin
-Callies Dragonslayer, Crankshaft, 4.000" Stroke, 6.125" Rod, 1800g Bobweight
-PRC Cylinder Heads, LS7 CNC Ported assembled
-???? Gaskets
-Caddie LS7 lifters
-???? length pushrods
-1.7 rockers
-Cloyes Heavy duty double roller (what the heck is a rain chain????)
-Diamond Pistons LS7 Forged Dish Piston set w/ -2cc Valve Reliefs, 4.130"
BORE / 4.000" Stroke / 6.125" Rods / 1.115" Comp Height / .927 x 2.500
(What is the comp Height? and to get a bigger compression ratio should I
get a bigger valve relief???)
-LS7 manifold
-60# injectors
-92 PTM throttle body
-SLP MAF
I was also wondering if I want the 6L80 and change the E/PCM to a LS2/3/7 would I also have to change a lot of other components i.e. the regulator wheel??? again thanks guys and sorry for bringing a LS1 your way. If you know how to put up a poll so I can see what are the things people like and what they stand by that would be appreciated. If I can I will list what I see and start it that way if possible. Thanks guys
Old 12-02-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

6L80 has it's own TCM inside the pan... but I would go with a built 4L80E/4L85E instead, you can use your existing PCM and just have the transmission calibration changed to a 4L80E one... and from what I've seen the 4L80E/85E fits the F-body easier with very minor beating of floor pan for clearance of the subharness connector.