Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mamo Combo in a 427??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Mamo Combo upsized for a 427??

Hi guys, I am beginning research on exactly what it says in the title. If someone were looking to put together this exact concept - streetable, great power everywhere, good manners and MPG - everything in the proven Mamo Combo but in 427, what would be the best way to go about it?

My assumption is on this size motor the AFR225s would be the ticket? Can you just scale up the heads, intake, cam, etc. up 30%? LS3/L92 short block or LS7 shortblock?

I put this here because a GenIV could use LS7 or L92 heads, the new LSXr intake but the rectangle port heads seem to necessitate a switch from the heads/cam magic concept that Tony put together so well. I am also resisting suggesting TFS heads here because, even though they are awesome, I think this concept should remain faithful to AFR since Tony put so much into this concept/combo.

With 427 shorts getting more reachable (thanks to used LS7s, and many sponsors such as SDPC providing fairly priced 427s), I thought other may be thinking the same thing. Why can't we have an LS7-like motor with just as much power and mileage to drop in our 24x cars for 2/3 the cost?

Any thoughts here?

Last edited by jmilz28; 12-09-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Am I the only one thinking this way??
Old 12-10-2008, 12:45 AM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jmilz28
Am I the only one thinking this way??
I assume your referring to a really well sort out optimized combo (with larger displacement) and if thats the case I can help but would prefer to speak on the phone as much more information could be shared in half the amount of time.

Im am typing this response from Orlando currently attending the AETC conference as well as PRI in the next few days and will be back in the office on Monday. Feel free to call me then. The number is 661-257-8124 Ext. 109

Be prepared to drop some dime because a large displacement extremely optimized build is quite a bit more money than a stock displacement optimized build and those can creep into the 10K range in a hurry if your starting from stock.

Im building a complete 406 CID engine (optimized from intake to pan) that I should have on the engine dyno February or March that is probably close to fitting what your looking for. A bigger version of that would obviously be even more impressive, albeit a little more money.

Get in touch with me next week and give me a day or to to dig myself out if this is something you are planning long term. Im going to be buried from being gone a week.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 12-30-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony,

Dont know if you been away from the boards or I am just missing your posts but I havent seen you in awhile. Last time I heard you were working on the AFR Big runner heads. Hopefully that is going well. And glad to see you around. You are of great help.