Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with Cam choice

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help with Cam choice

Hey i have a 98 SS camaro and i want to put a cam in it but i am not sure which one i should get..i want a cam with a 112 lobe and that is goin to give me a good increase in power..my friend has a GM Hotcam that he said he would sell me but i think i mitght want somthing a little bigger..what do everyone else think i should get?? thanks for any help.
Jared
Old 09-29-2003, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Need Help with Cam choice

Do you have an auto or manual? Are you willing to have to raise the idle and have it rumble a bit?
Are you going to upgrade the heads along with it? How about your intake manifold and headers? These answers inform the decision.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Re: Need Help with Cam choice

Jared, you will get 100 opinions from 100 members on the subject of camshafts. I'd recommend that you use the search feature and do a ton of reading about the various cams out there and learn more about the cams in order to form some opinions of your own. Once you have it narrowed down to a few specific cams, it will be easier for us to help you out.

Use the resources here to learn about things, its more fun than just having someone tell you what to put in your car

Tony