Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head/Cam cars????

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 11:14 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Head/Cam cars????

Ive seen a lot of H/C cars around. It seems like the EastSide Packages are making unbeatable power.
A couple of my buddies had their car done there and it seems like the power is unreal. They make well over 430 rwhp threw 12 bolts, full exhause,cats, autos, 4:10 gears. And there track times and MPH are great.
Just thought id share my .02 And tell ESP keep it up!!!
Old 09-29-2003, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Head/Cam cars????

where are the track times ????????
Old 09-29-2003, 04:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Brad,you should really hold back this thread I've dyno'd 2 of the cars and they are not as high as ESP had shown,then my dyno was verified with NEDT's by a member on this board.The track times are also not holding up to the dyno #'s either.This is not a bash,I've heard good things about ESP and don't want to start a negative thread,but the thread heading by an outside source is a liitle much.
I will erase this when point is taken
Old 09-29-2003, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

well I have seen an esp car with 30 more hp then me only muster a 12.5 at 114. Jeffs car clicks off 11.8 at 119 and hes got home ported heads???? Dyno numbers mean d1ck! but Im sure there great guys
Old 09-29-2003, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 09-29-2003, 05:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Slowhawk, since you retuned one of these cars and made some changes and it now dynos lower on your dyno you blame ESP??? There are no tricks done by ESP with tuning, if a customer goes to another shop adds/changes parts and has the car tuned by another tuner and doesnt get positive results that is not ESPs fault

as for track times all of the drivers are coming around and as they gain experience their track times are dropping, and our customers cars run at full weight plus, not stripped street/strip cars
Old 09-29-2003, 06:25 PM
CARTEK Racing

You are just trying to start sh*t and you are talking out of your ***!
Old 09-29-2003, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

this looks........ eh..... interesting
Old 09-29-2003, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well Slowhawk, since you retuned one of these cars and made some changes and it now dynos lower on your dyno you blame ESP??? There are no tricks done by ESP with tuning, if a customer goes to another shop adds/changes parts and has the car tuned by another tuner and doesnt get positive results that is not ESPs fault

as for track times all of the drivers are coming around and as they gain experience their track times are dropping, and our customers cars run at full weight plus, not stripped street/strip cars
OH BOY! haha easy kids. Well don didnt touch that kids car, he even short belted it on the dyno and it still only put down 380ish. It could be anything though. Maybe his new engine was junk to begin with??? Maybe he drove it wrong in the break in. Then again the cam could be wrong for the heads. Don wasnt bashing, simply stating for people not to jump the gun when someone is putting down 430 rwhp from some certain sponser. Doesnt mean there going too. As I have learned the hard way
Old 09-29-2003, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

You are just trying to start sh*t and you are talking out of your ***!

who would you be talking too???
Old 09-29-2003, 06:51 PM
TECH Veteran

dont make me slap my bar in and show ES whats up in the H/C class on the 4th LMAO j/king
Old 09-29-2003, 07:00 PM

ok maybe your right abd i am being defensive, but Marcos car did make the power that it did on our dyno he was there, we also told him to come back after the motor had some break in miles on it and we would check it over including a leak down test and readjust the tune if need be all of this for no charge as it is part of our work
this motor combo and cam has been in question from day one but it was from another sponsor

if marco has don or us or who ever check that cam on a cam doctor then we all will know exactly what he is dealing with

Old 09-29-2003, 07:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I've NEVER retuned a ESP car!! Expecially if your talking about Krazy's!!!!!
I hope this is loud and clear!!!
I do agree that the car in question has something up with it,It did dyno 373hp and 384hp with shortbelt and long cooldown.Also there were 2 other cars there from other tuners that were down power.1 was off by 10hp and the other was 12-15hp (mostly stock cars)

And if we are comparing street cars that is even better since I only run street cars,I don't even run skinny's and the front swaybar has never been off
Old 09-29-2003, 08:14 PM
8 second mod

wow, I wasnt trying to start **** just see who was making the power.
As for track times, I know of 1 esp car going 11's first time out NA, t-400,cats,12 bolt!! Not bad. Also nothing at all removed!!!!
As for the one most of you have seen, This car started with 430+ rwhp and went 13's!!! Now with seat time (no additional mods or weight reduction is mustered up 12.2, Not one power shift as well. 3700+ To me that says alot. I have also seen cam only cars go low 12's with race weight very high.
The guys do great work, and Back it 190%.
My final thought on this.
Fastest stock suspended ls1!!!!! They must do somthing right!!!
Sorry for starting this post. again it was not to get lip from certien people on the board!!-
Old 09-29-2003, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

As for track times, I know of 1 esp car going 11's first time out NA, t-400,cats,12 bolt!! Not bad. Also nothing at all removed!!!!
As for the one most of you have seen, This car started with 430+ rwhp and went 13's!!! Now with seat time (no additional mods or weight reduction is mustered up 12.2, Not one power shift as well. 3700+ To me that says alot. I have also seen cam only cars go low 12's with race weight very high.
Sorry for starting this post. again it was not to get lip from certien people on the board!!-
its all good, stay strong with your orginal post, but as far as getting lip. What did you expect. If ESP was a rectum I do believe your tongue is firmly up it. LOL! :p

Im kidding of course. If they didnt do good work we would have heard about it long ago
Old 09-29-2003, 08:30 PM
8 second mod

its all good, stay strong with your orginal post, but as far as getting lip. What did you expect. If ESP was a rectum I do believe your tongue is firmly up it. LOL! :p

Im kidding of course. If they didnt do good work we would have heard about it long ago
Good one, Not to sure what the big deal is, you guys gut some brown nose's to a couple people on the board. I wouldnt call it rectum,dam near killed em!
But realy, thats what makes racing fun, Compitition. With out compitition you have no racing. So to all of you with a diferent out look, thats up to you. ESP has done all good for myself and the many many people i have sent to them. So why not.
Again, im not a heads/cam guy, i just havent seen the #'s esp gets on many other cars, just wondering if they where out their.

PS. all the cars also still have stock k-members!
Old 09-29-2003, 08:43 PM

sorry don i was heard you retuned the car, if that is not true i retract my comment
its not a dig at you, but i hope the car in question comes back for a check so we can make sure that the motor is healthy, then if he wants to do something about checking to see if he has the correct cam he can decide what steps to take

id still like to see marco go to the track and see how the car performs and we all can see him get a 11 sec slip
Old 09-29-2003, 08:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

sorry don i was heard you retuned the car, if that is not true i retract my comment
its not a dig at you, but i hope the car in question comes back for a check so we can make sure that the motor is healthy, then if he wants to do something about checking to see if he has the correct cam he can decide what steps to take

id still like to see marco go to the track and see how the car performs and we all can see him get a 11 sec slip
Didn't take it personal,just don't want wrong information going around.I 100% agree that the cars in question should be looked at and any more tuning required should be done.

As for the K-member--- forgot about that,must be why I run so faaaassssttt----NOT

Kind of looks like a future race is forming
Old 09-29-2003, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good one, Not to sure what the big deal is, you guys gut some brown nose's to a couple people on the board. I wouldnt call it rectum,dam near killed em!
But realy, thats what makes racing fun, Compitition. With out compitition you have no racing. So to all of you with a diferent out look, thats up to you. ESP has done all good for myself and the many many people i have sent to them. So why not.
Again, im not a heads/cam guy, i just havent seen the #'s esp gets on many other cars, just wondering if they where out their.

PS. all the cars also still have stock k-members!
well I aint got no 500+rwhp thats for sure
Old 10-01-2003, 12:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at my numbers ESP heads and cam 3740 race weight

ESP keep up the good work.Envy is something a lot of doubters are going to have get a grip on, facts are facts, and noyzee & The chef are right.
I actually dynoed lower at ESP than I did @ NEDT before. I know for a fact that these guy are not lieing to me,specially since they are the first to inconvenience themselves to help there customers, and the last ones to admit that they were inconvenienced simply because they love the sport, and are loyal to their patrons, whom by the way appreciate them for it.