Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ported L92's

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ported L92's

Who has ported L92 heads? How much better is a ported set than a stock set? Is it something I can do at home?
Old 12-31-2008, 09:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool

Originally Posted by luckyhenriksen
Who has ported L92 heads? How much better is a ported set than a stock set? Is it something I can do at home?
You'll get better info in the GEN IV section. And no I would not port the L92 at home. Contact West Coast Cylinder Heads, they have some of the nicest L92s around.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

IMO,if these are going on a 364ci motor,street/strip build it's not worth the extra money to port them..they already flow over 300cfm stock,so they will make some serious HP as is..
just get a good VJ and make sure everything else is good(springs set up,proper valveguide clearance,etc)and your good to go..
Old 12-31-2008, 10:24 AM
FormerVendor

We offer a fully CNC'd L92 cylinder head as well. We have seen a solid 30+ HP gain from just the CNC porting alone with no other changes on the engine dyno. We offer several spring and valve options including stainless and hollow-stem valves. If you already have a set of heads, we can CNC them for you or we can get you setup with a brand new set of heads. Pricing starts right at $1200 for the heads w/ stock valves and springs and will go up from there. Feel free to give us a call or shoot us a PM with any questions you may have!

Jon Reynolds
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 12-31-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 66deuce
IMO,if these are going on a 364ci motor,street/strip build it's not worth the extra money to port them..they already flow over 300cfm stock,so they will make some serious HP as is..
just get a good VJ and make sure everything else is good(springs set up,proper valveguide clearance,etc)and your good to go..
I agree also. Stock with a proper valve job they will rock with the proper cam. What intake are you going to use? Do you have the cam selected yet?
Old 12-31-2008, 10:57 AM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

i have Livernois stage 3 L92s on my 402 they are a great had, the stock L76 intake holds them back, the heads flow 360+cfm but the L76 intakes flow just over 300cfm i think

heres the livernois heads. they are a great company to deal with

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...t.phtml?p=1536
Old 12-31-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
We offer a fully CNC'd L92 cylinder head as well. We have seen a solid 30+ HP gain from just the CNC porting alone with no other changes on the engine dyno. We offer several spring and valve options including stainless and hollow-stem valves. If you already have a set of heads, we can CNC them for you or we can get you setup with a brand new set of heads. Pricing starts right at $1200 for the heads w/ stock valves and springs and will go up from there. Feel free to give us a call or shoot us a PM with any questions you may have!

Jon Reynolds
Texas Speed & Performance
if the OP is going for a max effort drag motor,or a 400+ci stroker then porting would help..
if it's a DD or street/strip setup,milder build than porting offers little to no advantage..
do you guys offer anything that is just assembled with a VJ performed,no porting?
a set with the hollow stem valves,better valve job than the OEM, and milled for compression would be killer for most mild builds..
Old 12-31-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Regular

Its going to be a street/strip appliction, running an GMPP intake, stock bottom end, and a 850 carb. Not sure on cam yet, looking for something big. I was just curious about the porting, I don't have the extra cash to pay for the nice Texas Speed heads, I wanted to know If I could do anything at home. I am trying to squeeze the most HP out for the littlest dollar possible. You guys know what I mean! Any tips/advice appreciated
Old 12-31-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by luckyhenriksen
Its going to be a street/strip appliction, running an GMPP intake, stock bottom end, and a 850 carb. Not sure on cam yet, looking for something big. I was just curious about the porting, I don't have the extra cash to pay for the nice Texas Speed heads, I wanted to know If I could do anything at home. I am trying to squeeze the most HP out for the littlest dollar possible. You guys know what I mean! Any tips/advice appreciated
the ports are pretty good as is,only an expert or good shop can get enough gains to make it worth the effort..

Last edited by 66deuce; 01-01-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

Ok thanks
Old 01-03-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 66deuce
the ports are pretty good as is,only an expert or good shop can get enough gains to make it worth the effort..
thats right if you dont know what you are doing then just a little work can ruin your heads,cheaper to get one set of good heads than 2 sets because somebody mesed yours up