Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pressure sensor and crankcase ventilation tubes

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 06:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default oil pressure sensor and crankcase ventilation tubes

hey guys, i am in the process of swapping over my ls6 intake and pp tb and once i got the intake off i noticed the oil pressure sensor was popped out and possibly broken, also noticed that at the Y where the two tubes from the passenger valvecovers go into a single tube over to the pcv vale is torn...

what should i do? do you guys have the gm part number for these parts so i can possibly just go buy new parts? thanks!
Old 01-03-2009, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone please help?
Old 01-03-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's very easy to break the oil pressure sensor - I did. You can pick up a new sensor at most auto parts stores or the stealership. Be very careful to lift the manifold so the brake booster hose doesn't break it again when you install it.

For the PCV you can patch that up with new hoses - use fuel line from any auto parts store, I forget the size but you can bring a piece in with you to match it up. This is a nice picture of it from ls1howto.com:
http://www.ls1howto.com/howto/geniii...kpcvsystem.jpg
Old 01-03-2009, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

3/8's fuel line for pcv.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i did my intake install i also broke my oil sending unit "verry common".... I had a problem in my area (western ky) getting one through a parts dealer as in advance auto, o reileys, auto zone, they all showed a listing but it was not the correct part, it was a diff sensor with bigger threads... I just got mine through the dealer, which we have a account setup through our shop with our local chevrolet dealer and i belive it was some were around 40 or 50 bucks! If you do have a problem getting one I could get you one here tuesday morning and shipped out tuesday getting it to you by thursday....