Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

400+ whp goal daily driver: need some Cam help

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 400+ whp goal daily driver: need some Cam help

Hey guys, I'm newly registered here. I've used this site to learn alot over the last few months as I've gotten ready to start my first modern engine build-- thanx for all you've already taught me without trying.

Here's the build:
Ive got a buddy who is gonna sell me his LQ4 with just shy of 30k miles on it. The plan is to bolt this to a 4l80e with a 3000 or less stalled, locking converter in between (cam dependent). I really wanna hit (and exceed) the 400 whp mark and drive this every day.
-Depending on when its released and the power it makes, I'd love to get my hands on that new edelbrock intake manifold. If i can't, I'll go with an ls6 manifold.
-Heads are aleady in my garage: Dart Pro 1 225cc
-Injectors are already in my garage: 39# from a friend's cobra
-Its gonna get headers, prolly of the hooker variety, into a 2.5" system

So that leaves the cam. Being that the heads are as big as they are, I'm not sure what cam to go with.

Anyone with similar combos got any ideas? How about cam power numbers?
Since this is my first build, any advice would be appreciated. I'm running a carbed 355 sbc now so I really am pretty clueless as to what I should watch out for with this newer engine and what I should specifically look out for.

Thanx for any and all help

68 Hybrid El Camino: burns both gas and oil :]
Old 01-03-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is this fuel injection or carb ?? if injection put a ported fast 92 and 92tb on and get used ls6 cam and you will be their.just get that cr up. o yeh you wont even need converter unless you just want . if you are only looking for 400hp