Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls6 ported heads ls1 Hot cam

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls6 ported heads ls1 Hot cam

Just wondering if this is worth the time and money, I basically have a free set of LS6 heads and I already have the LS1 Hot cam and springs, I was thinking of getting the heads CNC'd, adding a LS6 intake, and long tubes. Just wondering what you guys think? This is on a 2000 m6 basically stock other than a cat back and slp lid.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 PM
12 Second Club

It's up to you. If you already have everything you need then I'd say it's worth the money if you put the parts in yourself. The 243 heads are good heads so you should use those either way. If you want a bigger cam you could get a lot more power but you're looking at probably another 500 bucks.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Id say sell the cam/springs as a kit and buy a set of LT's. Then from their get a cam worth it There are much better cams out their sir. Just my opinion. Trust me, its worth what you paid.

Best of luck.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

It will be def worth the effort with those parts. If you can afford to get the heads done then it will help alot. The Hotcam will be stronger than stock but may not be the ideal stick, but you have it and what is "ideal"? The cam you already have or another $400????.

Get the LS6 intake, do whatever you can afford to do on the heads and put the Hotcam in. It will be alot stronger and idle mean as hell. The long tubes will be a huge upgrade, too.

It will be a strong street car that sounds tough and will be a kick to drive. There is ALWAYS something "better" or "stronger" out there but you are already set up to have a very respectable street car.

Use your stuff and have fun... Everyone else will be more than happy to spend your money or tell you how great their setup is. If your parts will meet your goals, then get after it. If not, get what you need. The fact that you posted this tells me that you feel like you will be happy with the Hotcam. Don't look for unbiased answers on here. Everyone has the "best" setup out there. lol

Build it and have fun!!