Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Centerline (ICl) question

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake Centerline (ICl) question

Ok had my cam installed a few days ago but after reading all these informative posts i began to wonder "was my cam installed correctly?" The guy who installs my cam is very good but dosent know some of the tricks of the trade for high Performance LS1's. I always thought you just had to line up the marks and you were good to go? Can someone please relieve me of this stress and let me know he did it right? It was suppose to be installed at a 110 ICL. Also maybe someone could explain the concept to me as i havent found a good article anywhere about ICL directly. Thanks

-Bernie
Old 10-02-2003, 03:09 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Intake Centerline (ICl) question

First off we need to know what the cam LSA is and if it has any advance ground into it. If it is a LSA 112 and has +2 degrees and is installed strait up then the ICL would be 110 or +4 would be 108. You get the picture. If it had no advance built in on a LSA 112 then you would have to advance it 2 degrees either at the crank or the cam to get your ICL 110. To be very sure and accurate you sould degree the cam some times they can be off a little.

Quick Reply: Intake Centerline (ICl) question