Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advanced Induction ported 241 pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advanced Induction ported 241 pictures!

They milled to the heads to 59cc and did a custom grind camshaft for me!

A buddy of mines car put down 417 with their heads and stock camshaft ls1
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...ock-cam-6.html
Old 02-02-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

ooo purty..
Old 02-02-2009, 06:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How about a shot of the bowl blend work?

Did you get a flow sheet with them?
Old 02-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Full-Force
How about a shot of the bowl blend work?

Did you get a flow sheet with them?
im not gonna post any more pictures of the heads

flow sheet is on this page http://advancedinduction.com/AiProductsGMLS1.html
Old 02-02-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gregorya24
im not gonna post any more pictures of the heads

flow sheet is on this page http://advancedinduction.com/AiProductsGMLS1.html

how come???? quality work should be admired
Old 02-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by outkast6991
how come???? quality work should be admired
cause Phil from Advanced Induction doesnt not want me to Their heads perform TOO good to let everyone know their secrets! Unless Phil wants to chime in!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cause Phil from Advanced Induction doesnt not want me to Their heads perform TOO good to let everyone know their secrets! Unless Phil wants to chime in!
No offense intended, but looking at pictures of good ports (aka "port ****") doesn't really give away stuff like CSA, port volume, or good/bad areas of the port. Let's see some "undressed" shots.

The deburring is a nice touch you don't see in all bargain heads. I recently cut my fingers handling a head from ***. I really would like to see the "F1/Cup quality" valve job. I've not seen a modern F1 valve job up close and personal, but I have seen a Cup VJ. It would be interesting to compare.

It's good to know that LS1 intake gaskets and rocker arm cover gaskets will have the mirror finish to seal against.[EDIT] OK, I originally left out the here. I guess I was being too subtle. I'm not a nice guy...

PolyCrystalline Diamond inserts are great. They cut fast and can produce a very nice surface finish as we see here. Kool!

Last edited by Old SStroker; 02-04-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

My god...i have been lookin at these and im definitely interested one of these days
Old 02-02-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya, I'd like to see some port pics. I don't see how there gona be any secrets. There just a old LS1 head, that you can get used sets for $100 all day. This is 2009, Its not like it's 1999 and ther rewelded rasied port cartecks or anything. Or there isn't a lot of ported heads stock valve LS1 castings out there to chose from right now.

All this post is doing is, I see what OSS is saying " look at the surface finsh, oohh stock valves, and behive springs".... I could get ABC heads for less...
Be carfull on getting the intake to seal, with that much removed on there camber on there CNC program. And there were still milled down to to 59cc. That mean they had a LOT like .060 .075 removed. Look at how close that chamber is in the last pic to a unmilled 241 deck height
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...s/P1020835.jpg
Old 02-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Launching!

well i have -4cc pistons to go along with the heads thats why the milled them and I TRUST Ai 100% with my heads, hell i mean look at their ltx results they are incredible!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1Aggie09
My god...i have been lookin at these and im definitely interested one of these days
best money i have spent so far on my car
Old 02-04-2009, 12:23 AM
TECH Junkie

so they port the ls3 heads for LG?

http://advancedinduction.com/AiProductsGMLS3.html
Old 02-04-2009, 01:34 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ From what we are both looking at it seems like they do.

The heads above do look nice from what we can see.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
^ From what we are both looking at it seems like they do.

The heads above do look nice from what we can see.
Advanced induction is the best in the country porting stock heads in my opinion, and i saved up my money to get only the best to do my heads
Old 02-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I wanted a set of 241's ported, I'd try to get Larry Meaux to do it. Highly doubtful he'd even want to touch 241's though lol.

Just wondering why you think AI is the best in the country for 241's? Not a knock at anybody, I just want to hear your reasons why.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Launching!

cause you see people with prc 5.3 and a mid 232 cam, not saying prcs are bad making 440rwhp h/c/i car but russ car made 431rwhp with AI 241 and bone STOCK camsahft that thats IMPRESSIVE, i cant wait to see my numbers with AI heads and cam combo!
Old 02-05-2009, 05:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

all i know is if i am going to spend that much money it wouldnt be on a 241 head,i would spend a few more for the 243 heads.The better chamber design,which is smaller to help avoid milling like crazzy,and better port design also.Its just worth it.Your heads look real good and i am sure you will make excellent power with them.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

cause you see people with prc 5.3 and a mid 232 cam, not saying prcs are bad making 440rwhp h/c/i car but russ car made 431rwhp with AI 241 and bone STOCK camsahft that thats IMPRESSIVE, i cant wait to see my numbers with AI heads and cam combo!
Not everyone runs 1.8 rockers and dynos with no belts. Please post up YOUR results when done though.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

subscribing hehe
Old 02-05-2009, 10:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Gents, I will attempt to address all of you. If I miss a question, feel free to let us know via post or PM.

I will admit, I do prefer if customers don't take up close photos looking down our ports. It is difficult (for us non-photogs) to take decent photos focused down a passage. We have been trying to take the time to snap some decent detailed photos and get them up on the site. The idea being customers would then have quality detailed photos hosted and readily available to share if they like.

Originally Posted by Old SStroker
No offense intended, but looking at pictures of good ports (aka "port ****") doesn't really give away stuff like CSA, port volume, or good/bad areas of the port. Let's see some "undressed" shots.
I understand where the majority of you guys online are coming from. However, the more experienced eye will glean a great deal of information from most any port photos. The usefulness of that information will obviously vary greatly. Regarding "undressed shots" we would strongly advise against end users disassembling and re-assembling our product if they purchased a complete assembly. Numerous reasons should be obvious. Not the least of which is protecting their investment and retaining our ability to help them in the future.

The deburring is a nice touch you don't see in all bargain heads. I recently cut my fingers handling a head from ***.
Thank you. Nothing is more annoying to the people who must handle the product than to be cut up by it. We hand deburr everything we produce. It is a small detail, but we never set out to compete with the most economical offerings.

I really would like to see the "F1/Cup quality" valve job. I've not seen a modern F1 valve job up close and personal, but I have seen a Cup VJ. It would be interesting to compare.
I have also not noticed anything recent in magazines or forums either. While one can visually appreciate surface finish & blending, the tolerances to which the part is machined is obviously the primary concern and most difficult to quantify. We have been fortunate to grow into a position to utilize the same machinery, tooling, and technique as the teams at the pinnacle of motorsport technology. Additionally, routine service and inspection is performed by the same tech's who maintain the equipment at the highest level of professional racing around the world. We are not the only one with this level of equipment, but there are few in regard to shops also performing work for the public. In the end, the output will only be as good as the operator.

We do not share photos of contract work, but we are attempting to compile photos of our street offerings. I do have this LS3 or LS7 close-up uploaded. I am not a photographer, but it is a fairly decent photo of how we feel the surface finish and blend should be when properly executed:

Originally Posted by studderin
ya, I'd like to see some port pics. I don't see how there gona be any secrets. There just a old LS1 head, that you can get used sets for $100 all day. This is 2009, Its not like it's 1999 and ther rewelded rasied port cartecks or anything. Or there isn't a lot of ported heads stock valve LS1 castings out there to chose from right now.
I tend to agree. The port design is also hampered by the fact that we must ensure we do not go so wild as to create issues with integrity in regard to the factory castings.

Originally Posted by studderin
Be carfull on getting the intake to seal, with that much removed on there camber on there CNC program. And there were still milled down to to 59cc.
Our preference is to not cut the chamber at all for obvious reasons. It is "only" a few cc, but in the real world it is certainly an appreciable difference. However, the fact remains that the buying public vastly prefers shiny over matte grey even in instances where there is no appreciable performance difference. Of course, we also put the time in testing, machining/execution, and after sales service to ensure things come together as they should. The constraints vary with each application. This application utilizes a large relief piston and a factory head gasket, which obviously takes us a long way in the wrong direction. It will still only be ~10.5-10.6:1.

Originally Posted by 5w20
so they port the ls3 heads for LG?

http://advancedinduction.com/AiProductsGMLS3.html
We have been fortunate to work with some of the higher end shops around the country. Some parts are private label only, some aren't. LG only sells quality parts with a proven record & there are applications where the factory head really shines when done properly. Hopefully in the future they'll be able to really tune on the car and try some manifold alterations.

Originally Posted by redtail2426
all i know is if i am going to spend that much money it wouldnt be on a 241 head,i would spend a few more for the 243 heads.The better chamber design,which is smaller to help avoid milling like crazzy,and better port design also.Its just worth it.Your heads look real good and i am sure you will make excellent power with them.
We agree wholeheartedly. The 241 can be made to work pretty well, but we would lean towards 243's. When we have time, we hope to finish up our 706's & TFS' for small bore applications. For a young man who already has 241's, they are not a bad way to go for the money invested.

Gregory, we are happy that you are excited about your project. PRC, AFR, TFS, etc. all clearly have excellent products. Companies do not do as well as they have if the majority of their customers are not happy. However, please understand that success is in the details. More often than not, enthusiasts will have to make slight adjustments to realize the full potential of any product. All anyone can purchase from any of us is potential. Some guys will make another 30-40hp with the same product because they invested the time in optimizing their setup.

Right now you are excited. In my personal opinion, it is not possible for you to be satisfied with our product yet. Once your setup meets its performance potential, then you can (IMO) be happy with it. My personal opinion goes a step further - once a product retains that output for 10, 15, 25k miles I would finally feel comfortable telling the world I was completely satisfied with it.

Russ' car has full bolt-ons and did not make 430rwhp in what most anyone would consider normal trim. It did manage 417/425 sae in street trim as he drives it. Now, if the weather would abate & that ~45rwhp gain could be confirmed at the track...

I attempted to snap a couple quick 241 photos for you guys. We'll try to find time to take better photos in the future. Keep in mind, these heads are re-machined used castings the customer sent in.

I dug around the shop and found some cut 241's. These have not been cleaned, deburred, milled, etc. etc. It is the best photo of the transition I can come up with for 241's at this point.

Note that the 241's are our most budget oriented offering & thus have the least machine time in them. With the highest end machinery, software, tooling, and proper tooling management our blends are typically imperceptible.

We appreciate you guys' interest.

Take Care,

-Phil

Quick Reply: Advanced Induction ported 241 pictures!