Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Cam and Torque Converter ? Limited by the sniffer and CA } : (

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Cam and Torque Converter ? Limited by the sniffer and CA } : (

Well the title gives the basics... I have read the stickies and honestly eh... I have read posts and even had an ls1 with a tr224 on 114 cam. Here is the setup

00' C5 A4
adding
prc 2.5 5.3 heads
ported fast 90 + tb to match
lt's, vararam, ud pulley etc.... all the goodies...

To be 100% honest in my cam+ bolt on only 98 ws6 (m6), I wasn't 100% satisfied with the r224 on 114 cam... I know its a diff build etc...

So i have all my parts in the mail on their way except my cam, push rods and torque converter. I am thinking a tsp 224/224 on 114 will be as big as i can go with the sniffer here in ca... Anyone know if i could get a 228 on 114 cam to pass or another cam that might give me more Medium/Low end grunt ?

Also i cant find anywhere that spells out how exactly to match a torque converter to a cam ? I'm probably gonna go with a yank 3600 since that's what everyone n their mom says is the street converter to go with.

I'm aware that i wont pass visual inspection, just wanna be able to pass a sniffer... so any thoughts ?

also before i forget... My goals are to be able to hit the gas and have to say to myself "whoa jesus this is a fast car." . Instead of the "damn my grandmas camery could whoop this thing" phrase that goes through my mind when i punch it right now...