Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Please P0327

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please P0327

So i changed my oil today and then took my SS for a drive. After about 5 minutes my ses light came on. Went to autozone and they told me i had two codes, both P0327, knock sensor. What could be wrong. I dont know what to do..Do i need to replace the sensor or what?
Old 03-03-2009, 01:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pull the intake and change them.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably need to change them out. Could clear the codes and see if they come back or not.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

so are there two knock sensors or just one?
Old 03-03-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djlackore
so are there two knock sensors or just one?

Two and you need to get the harnesses while your at it.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you're not very mechanically inclined I'd clear the code and see if it comes back.

Pulling the intake is a PITA if you've never done it before. Especially if you don't have the right tools. Its worth a shot to see if it will stay cleared. You will save some money too if it clears.

Good luck.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Default Having the same problem

Originally Posted by djlackore
So i changed my oil today and then took my SS for a drive. After about 5 minutes my ses light came on. Went to autozone and they told me i had two codes, both P0327, knock sensor. What could be wrong. I dont know what to do..Do i need to replace the sensor or what?
I too have the same problem as you do. I changed both the knock sensors and the wiring i cleared the dtc drove it for about 8 miles and the ses light came on again giving me the same code...what oil did u use? my car was fine before i changed the oil and as soon as i went with royal purple this happened...
Old 04-04-2009, 12:33 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah, I had my code come on about a month ago (gave me an excuse to get an LS6 intake.... )

Water probably (actually... almost positively) shorted out the knock sensor. You are going to need to pull the intake manifold (as has been said) and replace both. Good luck, there are a few write ups on how to pull your manifold:

http://ls1howto.com/index.php?article=5

Or, you could just pay a shop a couple hours labor to do it (two knock sensors at ws6 store at $42 each is a pretty good deal)

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=2065

Might need some new intake manifold gaskets as well, but I don't know how many miles you have on them, so they *might* not need to be replaced.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99sscmro
I too have the same problem as you do. I changed both the knock sensors and the wiring i cleared the dtc drove it for about 8 miles and the ses light came on again giving me the same code...what oil did u use? my car was fine before i changed the oil and as soon as i went with royal purple this happened...
did you ever find out why the ses light came back on? Did you fix it?

I replaced my KS and harness less than 2 months ago. Code disappeared for two days and popped back on. I tried at two different AZ to clear it and it will pop on minutes later..

-ONE issue I have right now is the car in the morning will turn on but the idle is real low it turns off.(when it does idle low, I see the SES light is NOT on). It does this for the first 2-3 turns and then it will start up and idle perfect. (The ses light is back on). This happens every so often but not really.

I don't feel the car driving sluggish, etc.

Anybody know what it could be since I replaced them and why SES light still shows up?
Old 01-08-2010, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
did you ever find out why the ses light came back on? Did you fix it?

I replaced my KS and harness less than 2 months ago. Code disappeared for two days and popped back on. I tried at two different AZ to clear it and it will pop on minutes later..

-ONE issue I have right now is the car in the morning will turn on but the idle is real low it turns off.(when it does idle low, I see the SES light is NOT on). It does this for the first 2-3 turns and then it will start up and idle perfect. (The ses light is back on). This happens every so often but not really.

I don't feel the car driving sluggish, etc.

Anybody know what it could be since I replaced them and why SES light still shows up?
Did you ever figure this out?
Old 01-08-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dustin AZ
Did you ever figure this out?
Haven't got to the ks yet. Don't feel like removing the intake right now.
Car is driving fine so I'm in no rush. I kind of got use to the ses light on.

My car idle running low was b/c my alternator was dying on me. I think I have a power steering box leak and the fluid is shortening my alt.

Quick Reply: Help Please P0327