Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a good price?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a good price?

What is a fair price for a complete set of used Patriot Gold Dual springs with about 4K-5K miles on them?

My new heads come with the Comp 921's, and I have someone interested in the springs that will be coming off of my stock set.

I just want to be fair.

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Used valvesprings are like used brides...the new guy never knows the stress they have been through in their last relationship or how it affected them. Finding out later can be costly.

I would never advise buying used (relatively inexpensive) valvesprings nor would I sell them. I wouldn't even give them away because they could cause problems for the unwary customer. Valvesprings are no place to cut corners no matter how inexpensive your build.

If they were nitrided PAC beehives and I knew their history (as you do on these) I might reconsider. They are some tought broads....err springs. They are also considerably more expensive than PG's.

My $.02

Jon
Old 03-22-2009, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good price would be FREE! and straight to the scrap barrel we go. Agreed w/ Old SStroker
Old 03-22-2009, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bonestock99
A good price would be FREE! and straight to the scrap barrel we go. Agreed w/ Old SStroker
Hey bones, where did you find my real picture for your avatar? I used it for quite a while until my vanity got the best of me and I changed to my current "BR" avatar headshot.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Old SStroker
Used valvesprings are like used brides...the new guy never knows the stress they have been through in their last relationship or how it affected them. Finding out later can be costly.

I would never advise buying used (relatively inexpensive) valvesprings nor would I sell them. I wouldn't even give them away because they could cause problems for the unwary customer. Valvesprings are no place to cut corners no matter how inexpensive your build.

If they were nitrided PAC beehives and I knew their history (as you do on these) I might reconsider. They are some tought broads....err springs. They are also considerably more expensive than PG's.

My $.02

Jon
Yeah. What if the last guy had a really big uhhh....valve?

Last edited by ShevrolayZ28; 03-22-2009 at 06:46 PM.