Sponsored by:

Can I dyno like this...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I dyno like this...?

Hey guys,

I'm planning on a set of Stage II heads, TR224 cam, NOS 5177 kit (100 shot), SLP/Pacesetter LTs, RollerMaster Timing Chain setup, ARP headbolts, TR hardened pushrods, etc. Basically, i'm looking for 400 to the wheels out ofthe heads/cam setup alone, anda nother 100 out of the nos kit. Do you think I could get my dyno tuning done on the stock clutch,rear and fuel pump? I'm trying to make sure I won't destroy anything on the dyno. Shortly thereafter, i'll be able to buy the new clutch (Mcleod of Spec Stg. III), a new driveshaft, and probably a Walbro 340 or so.. Any thoughts on this? I just want to be able to get a couple hours in on the dyno, no time at the track, obviously

Mike
Old 10-23-2003, 07:24 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Can I dyno like this...?

yes, on the dyno you should be fine. you'll only have to worry about **** breaking if you do a 6k clutch dump with the stock rear and sticky tires, but more likely in that case you'd just burn up the stock clutch.

and with the mods you just described you'll hit over 400rwhp easy , i'd wager 420+
Old 10-23-2003, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Did you take into account that I mentioned the NOS system? It looks like i'll already have the clutch at this point, also. So you can take that out of the question. I guess, basically, i'm asking if putting 500 to the rear wheels while dyno tuning is going to cause a problem with my stock fuel pump, or with my stock 10 bolt? Anyone? Any more input jrp? Thanks a bunch.

Mike
Old 10-23-2003, 09:36 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you take into account that I mentioned the NOS system? It looks like i'll already have the clutch at this point, also. So you can take that out of the question. I guess, basically, i'm asking if putting 500 to the rear wheels while dyno tuning is going to cause a problem with my stock fuel pump, or with my stock 10 bolt? Anyone? Any more input jrp? Thanks a bunch.

Mike
your 10 bolt should hold up on the dyno.

i forgot about the n20 kit, you might be past what your injectors can handle, i dont know about 01's but the 98's will handle about 450rwhp, then they need to be uprgraded. i dont know the maximum range the stock fuel pump can handle either, if you plan to spray alot i'd upgrade it.

you might want to ask this question in the fuel and n2o forum, they'd have more expertece (sp) then i would.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Thanks, Jrp. I'll see if anyone else chimes in here, and I'll also throw this around in the nitrous section. I didn't think too much about the injectors, I was fairly concerned with the stock pump though. I don't intend to spray outside of the dyno, because I won't be taking it to the track until I get a 12 bolt. Now, when I get the 12 bolt, it's a different story - then i'll have the entire fuel system upgraded. I appreciate your help. Anyone else?

Mike